5.1 Audio not working at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 7th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

5.1 Audio not working

So I am looking to work on 5.1 audio for a movie I am filming soon, but I can't seem to get Premiere to recognize that I have 6 speakers...

I enable 5.1 and I am playing with the mixer and it is changing, but it is not going through to my back 2 speakers. What do I need to do to fix this issue?

Premiere Pro CS3
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Regular Crew

No one has a clue what is going on here?

Dang.. Well, it must just be me then..
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Major Player

Have you tried to set your sound configuration on your computer? Just thingking maybe your configuration is set to Stereo output instead of 5.1.

Jun
Old May 10th, 2010, 06:57 AM   #4
Major Player

As far as I know, you have to buy a license/upgrade to unlock 5.1 audio.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #5
Trustee

What soundcard and drivers do you have? (You need ASIO drivers running to be able to access each channel independently - standard WDM drivers won't work)
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck View Post
As far as I know, you have to buy a license/upgrade to unlock 5.1 audio.
No, 5.1 works fine. Historically, you got 3 trials of Dolby Digital 5.1 encoded output before having to buy -- haven't checked that out yet. However, editing 5.1 works fine, as should encoding output to PCM in 5.1.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #7
Regular Crew

5.1 works great in all my other programs, and I know ASIO is running right too...
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #8
Wrangler

Scott, I just made this mistake today so thought I'd share in case it solves your problem.

The presets in PPro CS5 (like the AVCHD one I used today) have a stereo track as the MASTER AUDIO TRACK. I tried submixing some stereo tracks into 5.1 today and didn't get the speaker outputs I expected. Once I created a new sequence with a 5.1 master audio track (rather than stereo, as is default in the preset), voila, it was all good.

I didn't look any further, but I think you can also assign audio output to a submix track if you already have built a complex sequence.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite