Playing Videos Full screen at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:09 PM   #1
Major Player

Playing Videos Full screen

I was watching Adobe training video today and when the video was played it was played in full screen inside Pr. I asked the question how was it done and was told it was the ~ key? It was demo'd on a MAC and I'm on a PC and that doesn’t seem to work.

It would be a nice touch for reviewing my videos on a single monitor setup.
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:21 PM   #2
Trustee

David,

You set me off looking for this... on UK keyboards, it defaults to the ' key - on my keyboard, it's the ' and @ key, two to the right of L.

It's not full screen, it's more of a maximised window inside Premiere - but what a neat feature! You learn something new every day.
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:43 PM   #3
Trustee

I don't know what key to use on UK keyboard (didn't even know there was a UK keyboard) but, if PPro is maximized to full screen, click on the Monitor window to highlight it, and hit the ~ key (or its equivalent), you will indeed get full screen playback of the timeline.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:25 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I have hoped to find a key for this on a Scandinavian keyboard for years. I use this feature a lot but have to invoke it via the monitor window menu (upper right corner). A shortcut would be much appreciated. We have a key for ~ but this does not do the trick. Also not working: @, ' ...
Jyrki Hokkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:48 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Don't forget that you can set up your keyboard shortcuts to whatever you want. (I assume works for all keyboards)
Edit > Keyboard Customization > Maximize and Restore Frame
(In PPro and After Effects you just need to hover your cursor over the frame. At least in CS4)
Kevin Currie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 02:17 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thank you Kevin, I found the mystery key (and can change it if needed).

The assigned key turns out to be ö (right of L), the last letter in the Finnish and Swedish alphabet. I should not have tried the alternatives so systematically... :-)
Jyrki Hokkanen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite