cs5 crashing when rendering at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 19th, 2010, 06:03 PM   #1
New Boot

cs5 crashing when rendering

When I'm working on the cs5 timetime and i go to render a cross dissolve or apply an effect in premiere cs5 i get a runtime error Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error Program:c\Program... R6025 pure virtual function call

when i started a project i was using a cineform preset not sure if the cineform plug in could be the issue?

The only way round this is to render small blocks at a time then "save" after every render its a pain but it works and if it does crash i have to end the premiere process then go back in and try rendering again i can export my project without problems its only when rendering transitions & effects from the timeline.

im running win7 64 and a nvidia gtx 285 card
Mark Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:01 AM   #2
Trustee

It looks like your C++ files got somehow corrupted. Try a repair install of CS5, which includes the required C++ files. Otherwise do a search on the Microsoft download center and install from there, but take care that you get the correct version for your OS version.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:37 AM   #3
New Boot

thanks harm yes i think somewhere along the way it got corrupted i've done a clean install of win7 and cs5 and so far its working.

so should i install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable for win7 64 and uninstall the 2005 version or leave both there?
Old August 21st, 2010, 01:09 AM   #4
New Boot

Update

It seems that the issue is with the cineform codecs I done a clean install of win7 64 and cs5 then installed neohd i went in to cs5 selected a cineform preset captured and went to render the clips on the timeline and got the runtime error. and if i dont use a cineform codec i can render just fine with codecs installed with cs5.

is there compatibility issues with neohd cineform codecs with windows 7 64bit?
Old August 21st, 2010, 07:02 AM   #5
Tourist

I am using Neo4K on win 7 and CS5 - and having the same issue with the runtime error. Not having time to mess around I dumped the cineform files imported the files again as mpegs and edited without an issue.
Andrew Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 03:55 PM   #6
New Boot

sounds like a good work around what are you exporting as?

the only other way for me is to edit natively
Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:13 AM   #7
Adobe Systems

The R6025 pure virtual function call error is fixed in many cases.

The Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update fixes many problems, including many crashes, and it adds several features.

Several instances of the R6025 pure virtual function call error were due to third-party software or the interaction of Premiere Pro with third-party software. We have been working with several providers of plug-ins, codecs, and hardware devices (such as Cineform and BlackMagic) to assist them in updating their software to fix some errors and crashes. Please take this opportunity to download and install updated codecs, plug-ins, and drivers from these providers, as relevant to your work.

When you have updated Premiere Pro CS5 and supporting software, let us know whether your problems are fixed.

See this page for details about the Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update:
Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update: bug fixes and CUDA support Premiere Pro work area

Please report bugs that persist after the update here:
http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite