Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update is available. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:15 AM   #1
Adobe Systems

Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update is available.

The Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update fixes many problems, including many crashes, and it adds several features.

We have also been working with several providers of plug-ins, codecs, and hardware devices (such as Cineform and BlackMagic) to assist them in updating their software to fix some errors and crashes. Please take this opportunity to download and install updated codecs, plug-ins, and drivers from these providers, as relevant to your work.

When you have updated Premiere Pro CS5 and supporting software, let us know whether your problems are fixed.

See this page for details about the Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update:
Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) update: bug fixes and CUDA support Premiere Pro work area

Please report bugs that persist after the update here:
http://www.adobe.com/go/wish
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:14 AM   #2
Major Player

Yeahhh

"•Adobe Premiere Pro projects files were growing very large (“bloating”), causing projects to take a long time to load, and sometimes causing projects to fail to load."

Also

"•Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) for Windows adds support for the following graphics cards to accelerate processing using CUDA technology on the GPU: GTX 470, Quadro 4000, and Quadro 5000. For a complete list of supported "
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:19 AM   #3
Major Player

Todd,

Not sure if you can help but I'd like a feature in Premiere Pro that shows me the show time spent editing/in PP so I can get an idea of how much each project is costing me.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:20 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dwyer View Post

"•Premiere Pro CS5 (5.0.2) for Windows adds support for the following graphics cards to accelerate processing using CUDA technology on the GPU: GTX 470, Quadro 4000, and Quadro 5000. For a complete list of supported "
Does this mean that no support for GTX 480? I did update and added GTX 480 to the list but I cannot see any difference to earlier.
Hannu Korpinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:40 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannu Korpinen View Post
Does this mean that no support for GTX 480? I did update and added GTX 480 to the list but I cannot see any difference to earlier.
Not officially I guess.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:15 AM   #6
Major Player

If your card is not on the official list, you need to re-edit the "cuda_supported_cards.txt" file when you have appled the patch as inevitably this is among the files replaced by the patch.

I have been using the new patch on a system with a Matrox RTX2 card and a lowly GTS 250 card for a couple of hours now, and the patch has made a massive difference to my editing.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 10:56 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Craven View Post
If your card is not on the official list, you need to re-edit the "cuda_supported_cards.txt" file when you have appled the patch as inevitably this is among the files replaced by the patch.

I have been using the new patch on a system with a Matrox RTX2 card and a lowly GTS 250 card for a couple of hours now, and the patch has made a massive difference to my editing.
Can you confirm this still works?
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:00 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Craven View Post

Quote:
Can you confirm this still works?

heh Yeah it resets your Cuda text file so you have to add in your card again.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:21 PM   #9
Major Player

You people who have a GTX 470 don't have to do this, but I opted to undo the hack before applying the 5.02 update. This is because I have a GPU that's now officially on the Adobe-certified list (the GTX 470).
Randall Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:01 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Quote:
heh Yeah it resets your Cuda text file so you have to add in your card again.
And once you do this, it does, in fact, work.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:52 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Cs 5.02

I also recommend, if you are using the GeForce GTX-470, to download and install the latest driver (258.96) from Nvidia. It contains the latest CUDA hooks for CS 5 acceleration and it also solved a CS5 video overlay issue I had with an older driver.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:58 PM   #12
Adobe Systems

The After Effects CS5 update is out now, too.

The After Effects CS5 (10.0.1) update is available now, too:
After Effects CS5 (10.0.1) update: bug fixes and RED features After Effects region of interest

If you have any problems with the update, or if you have bugs to report after you've installed the update, please let us know through the usual channels:
feature requests, bug reports, crash reports, and sending feedback After Effects region of interest
Old September 4th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #13
Trustee

Anyone else having this problem after updating to 5.02: as soon as I open a project within Premiere, the screen flashes a few times and goes to non-Aero. I then disabled Aero and the screen still flashes. This is happening on my work drive where I only have MC CS5 installed. I also then updated the FX3800 driver thru HP's website and this flashing still happens. Also, when moving windows around, there is something like a motion blur (its hard to describe).
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #14
Wrangler

The only minor issue I ran into was that PPro forgot after the update that there is a Quadro card in the system. When I opened a recent project, it only allowed software MPE and GPU accel was greyed out. I updated to the latest reference driver on the NVidia.com web site (the card is from PNY and their driver is still ~ Nov 2009), rebooted, and all has been fine so far.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #15
Regular Crew

So far so good with Premiere CS5 5.02. Thank you Adobe, you did a great job with this upgrade.
David Knarr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite