Trying to combine Audio Channels at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Trying to combine Audio Channels

Hello Fellas,

I have been trying to figure, probably the simplest thing on PPro. I have a Video/Audio track that was recording in Stereo but with only 1 channel. Is there an easy way in PPro to combine both channels and have have both L and R played specific audio? Am I missing something on the Effect tab for Audio?

Thanks again you guys and advise right now would be AWESOME!!!
Kristian Roque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Trustee

Select audio "fill left" or "fill right" if you want to fill the left channel or the right channel....
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Regular Crew

really?!?! that easy... ok, time to jump off my roof...... unto a trampoline :-)

THANK YOU!!!!!
Kristian Roque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Trustee

I'm rereading your op....if you recorded one channel, what you will get with the fill is, of course, a duplicate of the channel you're copying. It will not make stereo separation out of the one channel, if that was what you wanted. But it will give you sound from both channels instead of just one, which is a good thing...PS, "fill Left" means take the left channel and copy it to the right channel, which seems just backward to it's description, it's an Adope thang......
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Guys here's some other options .. pan that one good channel to the centre or How to Use Mono Audio Clips in Adobe Premiere Pro | eHow.com

Cheers.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 11:02 PM   #6
Trustee

change your default channel mapping from stereo to mono. then when you edit to the TL, just have the correct track enabled to insert only the good audio channel.
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #7
Adobe Systems

More Info on Combining Audio Channels

Hi Guys,
It's Kevin from Adobe Learning Resources (we take care of Premiere Pro Help). Great discussion! Want to find out more about how to combine audio channels? I've got related topics for you culled from Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 help. I hope this clears up any questions you may have.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 * Fill Left effect, Fill Right effect
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 * Preferences
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 * Targeting tracks
Kevin Monahan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite