XDCAM Suport in Pr CS5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 6th, 2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Major Player

XDCAM Suport in Pr CS5

Hello All,
I need some advise please. I've purchased Adobe SC5 full version (All applications) and the Adobe Premier as of now does not show support for Sony XDCAM (I have EX3). I have a very basics codec showing in the preferences. Adobe help says that some codec is not provided with the trial version, but, that is not the case here. I have a full version! Everything else (as I could see) is fine and works. I have done all of the available updates including all of the help updates. What do I need to do to be able to see all of the available codec in Pr CS5? Thank you.
I am a newbie to Pr
:-)
Luben Izov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

This is an official version purchased directly from Adobe or an authorized reseller, and it has been paid for, registered and activated?
Old September 6th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Yes, it is.
Old September 6th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Interesting. I'm showing all the XDCAM presets in mine. You're on v 5.0.2?
Old September 6th, 2010, 03:47 PM   #5
Major Player

yes and 10.0.1 for AF and so on... Maybe I should uninstall Pr and install it again...
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Might be a good idea to reinstall the whole suite. Make sure all virus checkers are turned off. Before you reinstall, try running Adobe's Clean Script utility to wipe out all traces of the prior install.... you may have to run it a few times. I think you can get the utility from their website.

Make sure you always install and run as Administrator as well, and make sure you've optimized your system for editing by turning off all unnecessary processes.
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #7
Major Player

Thank you Adam! We'll do as you suggested... Thank you
Cheers
Old September 7th, 2010, 04:59 AM   #8
Major Player

Codec missing - maybe

Hi
With the latest update to CS 5.02 I have some troubles with exporting from EX files in the timeline.
My EX3 files works great but files from my PMW-350 will export with "missing media" sign. Premiere tells me that too when pressing export in file/export.

I can see the material in the timeline but the PMW-350 pictures seems, as if they have some kind of interlacing problems although I use progressive signal all the way.

I cannot figure out, whats the problem. I was so glad now that they made support for all 4 audio tracks in the EX files.

Ahhh. I have converted to NLE MXF files with the Sony Clipbrowser and it is them CS5.02 cannot read anymore - sorry for the confusion....
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #9
Major Player

Bo.... just to be clear, the latest Premiere update has introduced a problem with reading MXF exported clips from Sony Clipbrowser?

That would seem to be a rather large problem.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #10
Major Player

I just checked with my Black Magic computer and there is no problem - I just got the problem with a system with CS5 and Matrox Axio CS5 BETA drivers - so I guess there is no problem anyway.
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #11
Major Player

That's good news Bo (I hope you can solve the Matrox conflict), thanks for the update. Going to go ahead with 5.02.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite