Why Encode Failed in APPro CS4. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 26th, 2010, 06:44 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Why Encode Failed in APPro CS4.

Used Win XP with SP3. I have made several DVDs without any critical problem before using CS4 PPro & Encore. Now it has given-up on me. Following things been done at present.

CS4 is installed in C;\ and Project files saved in D:\(separate drive)

1. Removed all unwanted programs including Virus program, etc., This machine only has APPro CS4. All firewalls been disabled. The audio and video plays ok on time line of APProCS4 with little bit jerky (of course I was expecting this on a Pentium4). C;\drive been formatted recently due to these problems and also defragmnted all drives. Made No screen savers working, no wall paper, Swap file >>virtual mem adjusted for D:\ , optimised the desktop by selecting,"adjust for best performance"

2. APProCS4 project saved ok. It's a 40minute program recorded on XDCAM EX1. Used File>>Adobe Dynamic Link >>Send to Encore ok..

3.Used very short filenames and sub directories to save on Encore. Eg. file name used "HanOne"

4.On Encore, Selecting End Action and TitleButton selections were done ok.

5. When saved on Encore, file size was 2.48GB and 2.22GB were free. Audio:PCM,standard: PAL

6. When on Encore, Choose File >> Build >> Disc (to make the DVD), after few seconds time it shows " Encode Failed " while start to Transcode .prproj(video) file in Build Progress Window.

I would appreciate if you could suggest anymore things I have to try other than above.

Thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite