Workflow for synching EOS footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 1st, 2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Major Player

Workflow for synching EOS footage

Hey all,

I'm usually a FCP guy, but I'm experimenting with Premiere because I'm shooting footage on Canon EOS cameras and I want to see how working with it in native format works out (vice using FCP and transcoding everything to ProRes422).

So... I input the footage and the separate audio and everything works great. I get it on a timeline and synch it up. I link the video to the audio. That's all great.

The question is - what do I do with it now to get the synched clips in a workable way for editing with them. There must be a way to take this new creature - my EOS video with my separate sound - and make it in to a clip that I can edit with.

Any input on this? Or on the four things I haven't considered yet about using this workflow?

Any help is much appreciated... thanks in advance.
Old November 1st, 2010, 09:56 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Barry:

Try the trial of Dual Eyes, from the makers of Plural Eyes. I have the program, but haven't had an opportunity to test it yet. I also trialed. Plural Eyes in Vegas, but this is a stand alone. My understanding is this stand alone will link the footage to the sound track.
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:03 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Chris, but I'm not worried about the actual synching part... that's fine. The question is how do I take my synched footage on a timeline and turn it in to a clip that I can use to cut.
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:07 PM   #4
Major Player

Looking at the demo - that is neat... but alas it is Windows only.

Yeah - I guess my question has less to do specifically with synching audio as with the general workings of creating a clip from a timeline in Premiere.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite