Must be too simple. My Search = zero at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 7th, 2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Must be too simple. My Search = zero

I learning, thanks to all of you who have helped.

Now I'm trying to put chapter selection bottons on my 26 second video menu.
I know I can go to Photoshop for still menus, but what about video menus??
Tom Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Major Player

Your question is a but unclear. What version of Photoshop, Encore etc? Are you only trying to add buttons to a motion menu or are you trying to create the whole thing in Photoshop?

I have a general recollection that Photoshop versions since CS3 --- at least the "extended" versions --- allow you to edit motion video menus. Here's a reference that I found a long time ago that may help you:

Creating a DVD Menu in Photoshop CS3 Extended | Layers Magazine
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Jay,
I had no idea that Photoshop could be used with video. Thanks for the tutorial link.

Oh, I'm using CS4 Production Premium
Tom Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Blizzard View Post
I'm using CS4 Production Premium
Then you want Encore. Encore is all about whatever it takes to make a DVD or Blu-ray disk, and that of course includes the menus and their buttons, button states, all that. Including tying the buttons to your video timeline using a fairly neat drag-and-drop system.

Encore is somewhat arcane, but if I can figure it out how hard can it be? Of course, tutorials help. ;-)
Bruce Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Jay and Bruce,
I am now having success with the flowchart and a still menu in Encore. I was able to make a still menu and link the bottons to four chapter timelines, but following Jay's suggested tutorial and taking the video into Photoshop was not successful. I spent a whole day on it and tried everything Jay's suggested tutorial mentioned. I could get the menu template into Photoshop just fine, and I could see the layers with the proper + and =, but they just wouldn't work when I tried to put it with the video after I saved and exported it.

I have gone over Bruce's suggested tutorial(s) many times and they helped me a lot in making a successful still menu.. However, I am still not able to get a video menu to work. I just can't seem to get the bottons to work in the end.

Thanks to both of you, I'll keep working.
Tom Blizzard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite