Premiere processing "byproduct" files erasable? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 6th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #1
Major Player

Premiere processing "byproduct" files erasable?

Over the course of the past 7 months or so I have closing on 200 gigs of internal HD space consumed and occupied by what I call aftermath/byproduct or were otherwise created during the post production process using that application.

I'm specifically referring to:

a) media cache files
b) pro auto save files
c) pro preview files

and the like!

What I don't want to do is to intentionally delete files that I may have to regenerate once more because some of that data points/links to live open projects that are not completed yet.

So, are any of these "safely" deletable so I can clear some hard drive space?

For example: is there any time lost, damage done or considerations if I did away with the media cache files?

What function do they have & should they be kept?

What I don’t want to revisit is spending/wasting hours tying down the computer re-rendering projects which would take hours for each case.
Bruce Pelley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite