DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Best format for exporting animated title? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/490312-best-format-exporting-animated-title.html)

Adam Gold January 17th, 2011 09:41 PM

Best format for exporting animated title?

I've created a short animated title -- just a 5 second logo that types itself across the screen for use at the end of all our projects. There were probably easier and better ways to create it but I just used the Premiere titler to create a 1920 x 1080 series of text titles that, when run in sequence, appear like an animation.

What would be the best format to export it to so I can just drop it into all our future projects as an asset? The Premiere help files are silent on this and a search here didn't turn up anything that I could find.

I suppose I could just import and nest the sequence, but a rendered file just seems easier somehow.

Sareesh Sudhakaran January 17th, 2011 09:59 PM

Maybe you have this covered:
If the logo is important, and is going to be used a lot in the future, why not uncompressed AVI? For just five seconds, it won't eat up a lot of space or take time to reconform every time you use it. You might want to blur it a bit so it won't jitter on NTSC or PAL viewing systems. If you want to have transparency you could try an uncompressed TIFF sequence. I wouldn't recommend JPEGs or MPEGs.

I hope this helps.

Adam Gold January 17th, 2011 11:40 PM

That's the answer I was looking for.

Thanks. Uncompressed AVI it is.

Robert Young January 18th, 2011 02:03 AM

I keep my masters of that sort of item as 1920x1080 Cineform .avi.
It's worked well and looked good in both HD and SD projects.
Ooops.... I see from another post that you have dumped CF from your system.
Oh, well...
BTW- I am using the Neo4k v 5.22 b283 release and am having no problems with CS5.
With the subsequent versions, both beta and the v 5.26 release, I have had problems with lock-ups and crashes, so I have stayed rolled back to v 5.22
Don't know what's going on with that & haven't seen too many others complaining- maybe just my particular system.
Thought it worth mentioning.

Adam Gold January 18th, 2011 12:24 PM

I was thinking about that. Might be worth re-installing for that alone.

Steve Kalle January 18th, 2011 07:27 PM

For name keys, I have been using Quicktime with PNG so I can get a single file and alpha. However, for fullscreen animations, this QT+PNG bogs down during playback in PPro after 2 seconds for an unknown reason (the PC is a dual 6-core, 24GB ram and 600MB/s raid array).

So, as of today, I now use DPX which allows 10bit and Alpha.

However, I use AE for all of these animations.

On a side note, I usually use PSDs for 3D animations from Cinema 4D.

I never use uncompressed AVI because its format can vary and not work outside of Adobe programs. DPX, PSD, TIF, etc.... can work in most NLEs and motion graphics programs. Also, I find image sequences to be the most responsive of any format during editing & compositing because the computer can easily handle images whereas videos require decoding.

Jon Shohet January 22nd, 2011 07:24 PM

Quicktime Animation is another good option for this. Very ubiquitous, supports alpha channel, slightly smaller file size than AVI uncompressed and less processor intensive than PNG.