Combine separate Audio & Video Files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 26th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Combine separate Audio & Video Files

I used the CS4 encoder and exported a project using Jeff Bellune's recommendations to get a very high quality DVD.
It resulted in two separate files. Video file is .m2v and audio file is .wav

Looks great when I view it using Windows Media Player, but the files are separate.
How do I get these two files together to burn a DVD?? Can I do that with ImgBurn or Nero, or Roxio ??

Here's his tutorial. Bellune Digital Video Services - Play Video - Adobe Premiere Pro - HD to SD Using Premiere Pro CS4

Last edited by Tom Blizzard; January 26th, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Tom Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Trustee

Tom,

On export you set multiplexing on (one file) or off (two files). Encore likes elementary streams (two files) better than multiplexed transport streams.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Harm. Even though you don't know it, you have helped me out with many things several times in the past.
You must be a very patient fellow.

I need a little more help with this. I exported "Media" using the Cs4 encoder.
I have not used Encore.. yet.

In the encoder and looking at "Basic Settings", "Multiplexing" I see two choices :

Either: " DVD " or " None " I believe I picked DVD. I don't see a choice of "On" or "Off"........ maybe that's "understood" ??

OK I just used Dynamic Link and took my project to Encore and I don't seem to have the vast choices I did with the media encoder. I don't see "Multiplexing" in Encore. ?????????

Thanks again, Tom B.
Old January 27th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #4
Trustee

Tom,

I no longer have CS4 installed, but here is where you set multiplexing on or off in CS5.
Attached Thumbnails
Combine separate Audio & Video Files-27-1-2011-16-18-10.jpg  
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #5
Regular Crew

That does answer my question. As a former teacher, all I can say is: You get an A+ for the day. :)
thanks again
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #6
Regular Crew

And if you take your Premiere timeline into Encore using Dynamic Link, you do not need to worry about the multiplexing setting.
Kevin Currie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #7
Trustee

That is always a dilemma, do you go for the 'Quick-and-Dirty' approach of DL'íng to Encore, or do you choose your own encoding settings. Personally, I prefer the manual settings in AME, but for the most important reason of all, that only AME allows 5.1 AC3 if you have the Minnetonka SurCode plug-in. DL is limited to stereo AC3.
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:29 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm Millaard View Post
That is always a dilemma, do you go for the 'Quick-and-Dirty' approach of DL'íng to Encore, or do you choose your own encoding settings. Personally, I prefer the manual settings in AME, but for the most important reason of all, that only AME allows 5.1 AC3 if you have the Minnetonka SurCode plug-in. DL is limited to stereo AC3.
I don't have the SurCode yet, but is good know. Thanks again, Harm.
Kevin Currie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite