PPro CS5: Win 7 or Vista? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 18th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #1
Major Player

PPro CS5: Win 7 or Vista?

I'm currently using CS4 Production Premium and am considering the upgrade to CS5. However, I am using Windows Vista 64-bit OS, SP1 because SP2 crashed my Core i7-920 PC. Will performing a clean install of 64-bit Windows 7 provide noticeably snappier performance of Premiere Pro CS5 than Vista?
Old February 19th, 2011, 01:36 AM   #2
Trustee

In my experience, the "snappiness" of CS5 is more a function of the amount of RAM in an i7 system.
However, after upgrading my i7 Vista 64 CS4 to Win7 64 CS5 my definite impression was that virtually everything works better, is more stable, more user friendly.
I've been impressed that Win7 64 is probably the best MS operating system I've ever used.
It's a big pain to do a clean install, but probably really worth it in the long run.
P.S. I originally had 12GB RAM and CS5 worked fine, but after upgrading to 24GB it really sings.
CS5 will definitely put all of that RAM + MPE to good use
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: PPro CS5: Win 7 or Vista?

I've been running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and it rocks....and is rock solid. I've ran it on a 2009 MacPro (2x 2.26ghz version) under BootCamp of course, and it performed flawlessly. Also running it on 2 different HP laptops; one with an Intel CPU and the other with an AMD CPU. Both are quick and stable.

Microsoft has a winner with Windows 7. Looking forward to Windows 8.
Andrew Clark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite