Sequence editing questions....... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sequence editing questions.......

Tks for your help with past questions, Here are a couple more..

I used 3 cams in the same project. 2 cams are HDV-1080i @60i and one cam is SD 720x480.
I pulled the SD onto the timeline first, and edited that. Then I made 2 other sequences one for each of the two HD cam videos and edited. Finally, I pulled the two HD sequences onto the main project timeline which has the SD clip.
I did this because although I originally wanted to export three separate videos. I later decided to just use the sequence feature and combine all three together on one timeline.

When I pulled the HD sequence(s) onto the main project timeline, two unexpected things happened:
1. The size of the HD sequenced was way, way zoomed in on the HD clips. I think this might have been because I checked the "default to frame size" in the qriginal project "preferences". However, when I went into the preferences of the HD sequence(s) and unchecked that box, the HS clips were still zoomed in on the main timeline. Was this because they followed the SD clip and the main project has been preset?
So, I just changed the "scale" in the "motion" selection in the HD sequences, scaled the sequence down till it fit the frame. Will this work OK as far a picture quality goes??

2. It appears that when I opened the two edited HD sequences into my original project timeling, I lost all my editing video effects...... such as brightness, contrast, and saturation. Is this normal?? Is there a way around this?

Thanks, Tom B.
Tom Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:10 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sequence editing questions.......

If you place a HD sequence onto a SD timeline, yes footage will be zoomed in unless you set your preferences before placing it in the timeline. You can also rightclick on the nested sequence and set it to fit framesize.
For the second question you should not loose your effects whatever.
Ann Bens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite