Do Sequence Settings in Premiere actually matter? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 11th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #16
New Boot

Re: Do Sequence Settings in Premiere actually matter?

Good question regarding the timecode and the step about relinking the original files.If i'd be in your shoes, i should make a little test: drop some proxyes on the timeline, cut them in a way to remember, maybe when in the frame appear some important objects, write these cuts down and finally relink the h264 files and check visually that premiere done its job fine.Maybe a final render and another check would guarantee you that everything's hopefully allright.

I was thinking about doing all the big steps and checking that Premiere is able to relink the footage based on every particular clip timecode (hopefully).

Last edited by Bogdan Nicolau; June 11th, 2011 at 07:31 AM.
Bogdan Nicolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #17
Major Player

Thanks Bogdan,

I'll do the tests as soon as I can. I am figuring the best way to re-link the (approximately) 4000 files will be to simply disconnect the HDDs with the proxies on them and open Premiere and when it asks where the files are, just navigate to te H.264 files. I assume it will work.

I'll do the test with just one or two files of course and see how I go.

Thanks again!!
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:42 AM   #18
Trustee

just edit native and skip the proxy files. you are setting yourself up for a world of hurt down the road. you are making things WAY more complex then they need to be.

if you are having stuttering with playback, its probably NOT your drives, but your CPU / RAM / other factors. h264 data rate is really low.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite