Media & Sequences are missing from my project window. Bins are empty - I'm terrified! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 5th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #1
Major Player

Media & Sequences are missing from my project window. Bins are empty - I'm terrified!

I don't know how else to explain it other than a heap of the media that I have imported into my project is missing from the project window.

Worse still, entire sequences are missing. They simply are not there.

However, they are open in the timeline because they were when I last saved. So they still exist, and even the media that I cannot see in the project window is still online and present in those sequences, but I cannot find them in the project window.

Bins containing sequences and media are empty. I am so nervous about this.

Nothing is typed into the search bar so there's no reason that items should be hidden.

What the heck is going on?

I have done hours of work on this before I noticed and now I'm worried that I may have to go back days to find a version of the saved project where this isn't the case.

Does anyone have any advice?
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Media & Sequences are missing from my project window. Bins are empty - I'm terrif

Have you tried opening one of the auto save project or a copy you saved on another drive?
Ann Bens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Media & Sequences are missing from my project window. Bins are empty - I'm terrif

Please wait until better brains than mine apply themselves to your situation and comment here. Sometimes when things seem to go missing, I reset the current workspace and sometimes they come back.

A suggestion was made to me here a while back when I got into a mess after a hard computer crash, as in went totally dead. The project would not load and would crash Premiere. The solution was to start a new project, and import the original project into the new project. That seemed to work but the bin was pretty disorganised afterwards.
Attached Thumbnails
Media & Sequences are missing from my project window. Bins are empty - I'm terrified!-premiere-screen.jpg  

Last edited by Bob Hart; August 6th, 2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #4
Regular Crew

maybe you have typed "space" in the search box of the project window by accident and therefore it will only show the assets that contain a space

Just a guess.

Last edited by Michael Bradshaw; August 6th, 2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: clarity
Michael Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 01:52 AM   #5
Trustee

going back to a previous saved version isn't that tough - I'm assuming you have auto save on?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite