Adobe CS 5.5: how many computers can I install this on? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 16th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Major Player

Adobe CS 5.5: how many computers can I install this on?

Adobe's FAQ is very vague about installing the software on more than one system. It says:

"The software license agreement accompanying your product may entitle you to install and activate the software on two systems with certain restrictions. The product license agreement for suite editions does not allow you to install the individual components of a single suite edition across multiple computers. Read the software license agreement for more information. Subscription editions follow the same license agreement terms."

What does this mean if I buy the suite? That I can install it on one computer only, or that I can install Premiere on two systems but the rest of the stuff on one?
Bill Edmunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Adobe CS 5.5: how many computers can I install this on?

Normally its for two installs, a desktop and associated laptop.
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #3
Wrangler

Re: Adobe CS 5.5: how many computers can I install this on?

You can activate it on two systems at any given time, ostensibly your main editing box and your laptop. You can actually install it on any number of systems but can't use a copy that isn't activated; you'd have to deactivate one system to activate another to stay within the limit of two activations at one time.

One caution...I can't swear to this, but I recall reading at one point that the total number of activation/deactivation cycles is limited to something like 20. That's plenty to handle computer upgrades, hardware failures, or laptop theft situations, but would prevent people from regularly bouncing around from computer to computer to circumvent the licensing restrictions that the activation enforces.

FWIW, I did have an unrecoverable HDD failure before I'd done a system image so lost one of my activations with it. I called Adobe tech support, gave the fellow that answered the product info, and had my second activation reinstated less than 10 minutes after my decision to call. So don't lose those product keys!

Here's the link to the page for all the Adobe End User License Agreements:
http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite