Adobe Suite PRICING - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 05:15 AM   #16
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: Adobe Suite PRICING

The promotional price is for those who are switching away from Final Cut Pro.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 08:21 AM   #17
Major Player

An Adobe software owner who wants to upgrade can also benifit.
http://store.adobe.com/store/en_us/p...off_pr_pp.html
Ann Bens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 08:33 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post

Andrew
However you are not required to provide any proof that you actually own Final Cut Pro or Avid, so really its open to anyone.
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:08 PM   #19

I was wondering about that (eligibility requirement enforcement) but was hesitant to say as I haven't 'been there'.

Maybe someone at Adobe marketing has a sense of humor? :-)

Andrew
Old September 24th, 2011, 03:27 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wood View Post
However you are not required to provide any proof that you actually own Final Cut Pro or Avid, so really its open to anyone.
Really? So if I go to my local reseller and say I want to buy the suite at the promotional "switch" price they won't ask me for proof? I kinda doubt it... Would be nice though...
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #21
Major Player

Quote:

Andrew
Except they never asked for any proof that I own a copy of FCP (I do) when I switched. So as long as you have the code it appears to be open to anyone.
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #22

I'm not surprised in a way. Just as we have to wait for a while for the downloadable trial versions to come out, it would also take them a fair bit of time (and away from programming the wonder-features for CS6) to create and manufacture a specific version that asked for proof of FCP ownership upon install.

Especially with the speed at which Adobe offered the 'switch' discount to disaffected FCP owners. There simply wouldn't have been the time.

Andrew
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
it would also take them a fair bit of time to create and manufacture a specific version that asked for proof of FCP ownership upon install.
Yes, off course. But it's the reseller who should ask for proof of FCP/Avid ownership in the first place not the program. And this is what I am having a hard time believing. I'll try this in the next week. I'll ask my local reseller for the switch promotion and see if they ask for proof of ownership or something... I doubt that they would just hand the suite with 50% discount without me handing them some proof of Avid/FCP ownership.
Old September 24th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjin Svajger View Post
Yes, off course. But it's the reseller who should ask for proof of FCP/Avid ownership in the first place not the program. And this is what I am having a hard time believing. I'll try this in the next week. I'll ask my local reseller for the switch promotion and see if they ask for proof of ownership or something... I doubt that they would just hand the suite with 50% discount without me handing them some proof of Avid/FCP ownership.
They just want the code. You can buy it online and I can assure you they are not asking for you to prove you have a copy of FCP or Avid by sending in photos of you sitting at your workstation holding your old disks.
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wood View Post
They just want the code. You can buy it online...
What code? The serial? It can be bought on line?
Old September 24th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #26
Major Player

Quote:
You buy it online from Adobe. Even if you prefer physical DVD's, you still do this through Adobe and they send you the disks.

I have no idea what the arrangements for resellers are, but it's 2011 and frankly buying software through a third party is pointless unless they have some special offer.
Old September 25th, 2011, 04:53 AM   #27
Major Player

I tried to go the Adobe store and proceeded to checkout where one must type in the code. If I understand it correctly all that you have to do is to type in "SWITCH" and that's it. Didn't see no requests for a product serial or anything.

Has anybody done this? Does the request come at a later time?
Old September 25th, 2011, 06:11 AM   #28
Major Player

That is all they want. The promotional code is SWITCH.
Old September 25th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #29
Major Player

Quote:
I tried to go the Adobe store and proceeded to checkout where one must type in the code. If I understand it correctly all that you have to do is to type in "SWITCH" and that's it. Didn't see no requests for a product serial or anything.

Has anybody done this? Does the request come at a later time?
I refer you to post number 21. All you need is the promotional code which is SWITCH. They have done no checking with me.
Old September 25th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #30
Major Player

I bought it from videoguys and also got a 5% discount on top of the sale price for being a DVinfo member.
Videoguys.com - Now In Stock

The secret is that it is a promotional thing, I think any body can get the discount.
Dan
Dan Asseff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite