DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Suite PRICING (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/500952-adobe-suite-pricing.html)

Andrew Smith September 25th, 2011 11:05 PM

Re: Adobe Suite PRICING

Just be on the look out for men in dark suits, okay?

Andrew :-P

Sanjin Svajger September 26th, 2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Durham (Post 1684555)
I refer you to post number 21. All you need is the promotional code which is SWITCH. They have done no checking with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Asseff (Post 1684579)
I bought it from videoguys and also got a 5% discount on top of the sale price for being a DVinfo member.
Videoguys.com - Now In Stock

The secret is that it is a promotional thing, I think any body can get the discount.
Dan

Great guys! Thanks for the info!:)

It's what I was getting at to. Thank you for confirming it...

Rob Katz September 27th, 2011 02:32 PM

anyone think adobe will continue the "switch" promo past september 30th?

be well

rob
smalltalk productions

Dan Asseff September 27th, 2011 03:12 PM

I don't think so. I think the reason they are doing it is to get Final Cut users to come to there side.

Dan

Andy Wilkinson September 28th, 2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Katz (Post 1684990)
anyone think adobe will continue the "switch" promo past september 30th?

I doubt it...so its decision time (I might be wrong!)

I bought CS 5.5 Production Premium last week but alas have not had time to really try it out yet, due to edit deadlines with existing FCS2 projects (other than Photoshop - since I used PS Elements all the time - so its great to have the full version now).

Looking forward to Audition (Soundtrack Pro was often too clunky for me) and especially AE. From what I've read/seen the transition from FCP to PPro should be relatively painless - I hope!

By their own admission Apple's many necessary "fixes" for FCPX are going to be many months or perhaps even years away (if ever...?) so I'd rather go with a company that is totally committed to video professionals whilst the pricing is attainable.

Sanjin Svajger September 28th, 2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Asseff (Post 1685003)
I don't think so. I think the reason they are doing it is to get Final Cut users to come to there side.

Dan

As I understand it the offer ends on October 30 not September. See the terms and conditions: Terms and conditions

Andy Wilkinson September 28th, 2011 02:17 AM

That's news to me as everything I'd seen previously had 30th Sep as the cut-off date for AVID and FCS switchers. Cool!

Rob Katz September 28th, 2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjin Svajger (Post 1685088)
As I understand it the offer ends on October 30 not September. See the terms and conditions: Terms and conditions

sanjin-

thank you for the link.

now i can wait till october 29th to decide!

be well

rob
smalltalk productions

Dan Asseff September 28th, 2011 04:09 PM

Rob,

I talked to Video Guys today and he said they are only running the special till Friday. I would buy from them you get a bunch of other stuff on top of the suit. This is the package I got it is unbelievable all you get, plus a DVinfo 5% on top of the sale. Videoguys.com - Search for "CS55PPSWBD"

Dan

Peter Rush September 29th, 2011 03:20 AM

Re: Adobe Suite PRICING - Mad River Shops £419

These guys are advertising CS5.5 for £419

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 - PC - download [65107641] - £419.20 : MadRiverShops.com

You download the trial and then purchase the ulocking serial number off them

I'm sort of tempted if it's legitimate

Anyone had experience of them?

Marcus Durham September 29th, 2011 10:03 AM

You do know that's just Premiere don't you. So not the bargain you may think it is. It is not the CS5.5 suite, just one part of it.

Rob Katz September 29th, 2011 10:14 PM

i teach at a major us university.

adobe has a academic discount for teachers and students.

i am looking at the "switcher" promo price of $850 for adobe's cs production premium 5.5 switcher for mac here:

Videoguys.com - Search for "CS55PPSW"

but the academic discount is $449 for the same cs production premium 5.5 here:

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/sto...tionPremiumSTE

as i understand, there is no difference between the academic and the non-academic versions of cs production premium 5.5:

What’s the Difference on Adobe CS5.5 Student Editions vs. Regular? | ProDesignTools

as i understand adobe's policy, there are no free upgrades attached to the academic version.

but the academic version can be upgraded upon purchasing a commercial upgrade which is often less than buying the full coast of the program.

anyone w/a reason i should not buy the academic version of cs production premium 5.5?

thanks in advance.

be well

rob
smalltalk productions

Sanjin Svajger September 30th, 2011 02:10 AM

Where do you plan to use the academic version? If it's for your business you should know that your firm won't be able to purchase nor will you be able to register you firm as the owner. Maybe you will be able to register but it wouldn't be legal...

Sanjin Svajger October 12th, 2011 06:19 AM

Hey,

does anybody know if there would be problems if we would buy Adobe from US to use in EU? Could we register the product on our workstations here in EU?

Some places I've read that you can't register a US version to a EU residence and some places I've read that you can... Really confusing and can't seem to get an answer.

Andrew Smith October 12th, 2011 05:44 PM

I've never had that problem here in Australia. I really don't think it's going to be an issue for you.

At worst, register it to an address in the USA. In the end you still have your legal copy of the software.

Andrew