Problems with Exporting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 13th, 2011, 09:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Problems with Exporting

I am getting problems of crashing when trying to Export when using Premiere CS5's Export Settings. I wonder if deleting the preferences would help ? How do I reset the preferences in Adobe Premiere CS5 ?
Old November 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Problems with Exporting

You hold down the shift key while starting Premiere, but I don't think this would help.

Do you get the crashes at exactly the same time while exporting? If so, then perhaps there is a problem with a certain clip, you can try disabling it - see if it helps. Can you render the timeline first without problems, or do you also get crashes while rendering?

What export settings do you use?

How much memory do you have? Premiere Pro is very hungry for RAM. How about your drives configuration?

Also, do you use any 3rd party monitoring hardware (BlackMagic, AJA, Matrox)?

Sorry about so many questions, but these are more likely the culprits, than PPro preferences.
Old November 14th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Bart,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I have no problem when working on the timeline or while rendering. It's when I click on Export after adjusting the Export Settings options. It seems to happen whatever I am exporting be it MP4 to .Mov, HD to HD, or HD to SD. I have plenty of RAM and the crashes have only just started to happen. I am thinking of a System Restore if, as you suspect, a simple trashing of prefs will have little effect.
Old November 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Major Player

Weird. If you click "queue", do you also get crashes, when Adobe Media Encoder handles the encoding?

You can trash the preferences, it's much less painful than with FCP. If it doesn't work I would suggest reinstalling the suite with the "repair" option instead of system restore though. It looks like some file might have been accidentally deleted or corrupted. Also, run a check disk on your system drive, to make sure that there are no problems with the drive itself.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite