Frustrating change in Premiere CS6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 12th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Major Player

Frustrating change in Premiere CS6

Anyone else see this? If I'm in the media browser and I double click on a clip to load it into the preview monitor, the directory I'm in reloads and resets back to the first clip. This is very frustrating as I'm moving through several hundred clips to review and tag them. I keep having to scroll back down to where I was previously.

This is not the way it behaved in CS5.5, the directory would not reload after loading a clip into the preview monitor.

Anyone else seeing this?
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Frustrating change in Premiere CS6

It may be a change in workflow that is frustrating, but you may want to give Prelude a spin as it may be of even greater value to you.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 07:07 AM   #3
Major Player

I don't know anything about Prelude, but I'll give it a look. Thanks for the tip.
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Major Player

Thank you for the suggestion of Prelude. Worked perfectly! Is this a new app, I don't recall seeing it in 5.5
Old May 17th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #5
Major Player

It's new for CS6.
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #6
New Boot

Another nit: the scroll bars on the timeline seem to have disappeared. Perhaps Adobe felt that their new sliders would made scroll bars unnecessary, but I can't get near the control with the sliders that I had with scroll bars. Or am I doing something wrong?
Jon Onstot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #7
Major Player

You can always click page up/page down. Or you can move the slider below - pretty accurate for me. Or you can click to the left or right of the slider (equivalent to page up/page down).
Old May 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM   #8
Major Player

I'm not sure which scroll bars you're referring to... The selection of brackets and regions and ranges and view adjustments were, in my opinion, excessive in past versions.

There is a scroll on the bottom of the sequence panel which can be expended or moved...otherwise the cursor up/down or the scroll wheel on my track ball tend to be what I use.

I even hide the work area bar in CS6 and use in/out for everything...you can do all the in/out setting through keyboard shortcuts whereas dragging the work area and sizing it was...imprecise...most of the time for me.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite