Media filename generator at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 8th, 2012, 05:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Media filename generator

Hi, everyone.

Although I have tried to use descriptive filenames, and to stick to certain conventions, my media files have ballooned in number and are now out of control. There are now 1359 clips.

I want to be able to search for clips by filename. For example, to find all clips that show Peter, I should be able to search for "Peter". I therefore need to watch each of my 1359 files and categorise it according to some standards. I could categorise the clip by who is in it ("Peter", "Paul"), the location, whether it is slow motion, whether it has bad audio, etc. Currently I'm doing it manually and it's too painful for words. Is there some method (preferably free or cheap) by which I can watch a clip and select the relevant items from drop down boxes and have it spit out a filename for me?

Richard
Old June 8th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Media filename generator

I think Bridge would work for you.

Open the folder with the clips, select one, you can play it in a preview pane, and there is a Keyword panel where you can select keywords to tag the files.
David Trayers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite