Source Media Time Code in Export Frame Metadata at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 17th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Source Media Time Code in Export Frame Metadata

It is possible to include source media time code in the XMP metadata for images created using the Export Frame command? When I export a frame, the metadata only contains sequence time code. I work for an aerial survey and remote sensing firm, and we use time of day time code from aerial video footage in many places in our workflow. We include still frames of key points in the video in our deliverables for clients, and the time code values we need come from the same points as those still frames, so our current workflow uses RedCine-X to export still frames and Digital PIE to extract source time code from those images. I would strongly prefer to work only in Premiere Pro and never open RedCine-X, but I can't keep the workflow all in Premiere Pro if I can't get source time code out with the images.

If I match frame a clip into the Source window, the window displays the absolute/time-of-day time code from the Red footage, but if I export a frame from the Source window, the resulting image is stamped with a different time code (I believe it displays time code as if the clip had REC RUN time code instead of absolute). I need absolute time code with the exported frame to keep our workflow together.

Anyone know how to solve this or whether this is a Red-specific issue in Premiere?
Zach Mull is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite