Speedgrade Mac Output to a Monitor? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 1st, 2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Major Player

Speedgrade Mac Output to a Monitor?

Any word for the promised fix to be able to use Speedgrade on a Mac to grade using a calibrated NTSC monitor?

9 months and counting since this seriously needed correction was promised.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Speedgrade Mac Output to a Monitor?

In the interest of others on the Mac platform waiting to make a decision, obtained the same response from Adobe as 9 months ago at NAB; while output from Speedgrade to a calibrated monitor on the Mac remains a "priority", there is no new news to report on the issue.
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I would be happy if I could use my Blackmagic Decklink SDI card with Speedgrade (on PC) but no dice - what's up with that? Speedgrade was considered a pro grading solution and it's not supporting some of the industry standard I/O cards? Meh.
Frank Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Major Player

No I/O cards will output Speedgrade to a calibrated monitor on the Mac. (We use BM Multibridge Pro).
Was hoping that the Mercury Transmit that works so well for for all the other components of the CS6 suite would be reworked to also make Speedgrade output through I/O cards. If any of the software components of CS6 should output, Speedgrade should. Heck, that is a core function of a professional grading tool. And Speedgrade is very professional. Windows folks are very lucky.
Old December 13th, 2012, 03:17 AM   #5
Major Player

I don't think you can expect any fixes in CS6. But I strongly believe that the next version will bring improvements in this matter.
Old February 19th, 2015, 10:36 AM   #6
Major Player

Supposedly Speedgrade CC 2014 is now able to output to a calibrated NTSC monitor thru Blackmagic I/O cards.

We cannot get our BM Multibridge Pro to do so.

In the "Display" section of the Preferences it shows "Blackmagic Playback" as a "Device" so Speedgrade appears to see the card as an available output.

Can't figure this one out. Adobe says they now support BM I/O output now in Speedgrade CC
John Richard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite