Can't import footage into Prem Pro CS6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 4th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Can't import footage into Prem Pro CS6

Hi, all--and Happy New Year! Recently acquired PP-CS6, stepping up from CS4. I am assembling some demo footage and in trying to import some wedding files, CS6 won't take them and I get an error message saying "There was an error decompressing audio or video." This shouldn't be an issue and I have no problem with any other footage I'm trying to bring in--regardless of format or HD or SD. Any thoughts?

Thx!
TW
Rule #1: Don't sweat the small stuff. Rule #2: It's ALL small stuff!
Terry Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Can't import footage into Prem Pro CS6

Sounds like a missing-codec problem, perhaps. You can see what codec is on you footage with freeware like Mediainfo or GSpot, if that codec is not in PPro it won't be able to open it.

Might be able to convert in another program -- quicktime, mpegstreamclip, NCH's Prizm, for example --- to a codec that your nle has, if that's the problem.

Or the file could be corrupted...does it play ok in other apps?
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Battle, I would think it might be corrupted, except that the files open and play just fine in PPro CS4! So it's puzzling, since I'm still in the same software family. It's your basic HDV file...easily within the range of Adobe's "latest and greatest," I would think!

Thx!
TW
Rule #1: Don't sweat the small stuff. Rule #2: It's ALL small stuff!
Terry Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #4
Trustee

Depends on what codec made the HDV file. For example, the Mac HDV codec that you find in Mac Quicktime and FCP will not play on Windows without a third party codec (calibrated_q is one source). If for some reason the original files were from a mac, that would be the problem. Or some similar situation, but it still sounds like a codec thing.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite