PP CS6 Multi-cam Editing Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

PP CS6 Multi-cam Editing Question

Greetings, all you Premiere Pro CS6 folks! I'm struggling setting up a 2 camera multi-cam shoot I recently did. I don't have any trouble synch-ing the cameras from an initial in-point, that's pretty basic. Where I'm getting tripped up is the addition of a second TAPE that I put in my camera nearest the stage. I staggered the tapes in the two cameras so I'd be able to maintain some measure of continuity over the duration of the program. I'm not sure where in the steps to properly bring in the second tape in a source sequence, so that I'll be able to use it as part of the multi-cam sequence. Did I phrase the question correctly? Any thoughts?

There are some great tutorials out there for multi-cam work and I have several of them bookmarked, but this little wrinkle has me stumped. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!
TW
Rule #1: Don't sweat the small stuff. Rule #2: It's ALL small stuff!
Terry Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Wrangler

Re: PP CS6 Multi-cam Editing Question

If I understand, you have already synched "Cam A Clip 1" and "Cam B Clip 1" and now are trying to get "Cam A Clip 2" to synch with the Cam B clip?

If so, highlight the track that Cam B is on by clicking on the timeline header so that becomes the track that other tracks synch to, then shift-click the "Cam B Clip 1" clip and "Cam A Clip 2", right click and select synchronize.

FWIW, it looks from the public previews like Adobe has continued its make-over of multicam in "CS Next" and we'll be able to synch any number of clips all at once by TC, audio waveform, markers, or In/Out points.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well, Pete, you just stepped up there and knocked it out of the park!! Your knowledge of this app is legendary, and I've seen your dvInfo workshop about multi-cam for CS5.5.

I may need to trim the end of "Cam A Clip 1" and the beginning of "Cam A Clip B" so that they butt up together nicely, but otherwise, I think I'm good to go. Thanks for your help!

~TW
Old May 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer View Post
FWIW, it looks from the public previews like Adobe has continued its make-over of multicam in "CS Next" and we'll be able to synch any number of clips all at once by TC, audio waveform, markers, or In/Out points.

Pete, I just watched a tutorial about the multi-cam functionality for "CS_Next." In this iteration, we'll be able to additionally synch by audio...MAN is that gonna be really sweet!!
Old May 1st, 2013, 12:44 PM   #5
Wrangler

Yup, it was part of the reveal at NAB a couple weeks ago (and I did mention it in my last reply).
;-)
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:17 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer View Post
If I understand, you have already synched "Cam A Clip 1" and "Cam B Clip 1" and now are trying to get "Cam A Clip 2" to synch with the Cam B clip?

If so, highlight the track that Cam B is on by clicking on the timeline header so that becomes the track that other tracks synch to, then shift-click the "Cam B Clip 1" clip and "Cam A Clip 2", right click and select synchronize.

whoa! Pete are you saying that this procedure will work and save me the time of manually trying to sink the clips? By manual I mean looking at and listening to the audio of both clips and then cross checking the actual footage.
Maurice Covington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:40 AM   #7
Wrangler

Not having tried it myself, I can't vouch for how well it will really work, but here is what Adobe is advertising:

Quote:
Adobe Premiere Pro: audio enhancements
Get precise control of your sound with the Audio Clip Mixer. Adjust each clip independently. Improved multicam editing makes working with multiple video angles easier. Sync entire bins of footage all at once using audio waveforms.
More info at:

Adobe Creative Cloud pro video tools
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite