Premiere CS6, audio filters vanish at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere CS6, audio filters vanish

Hey there, I have a huge project file for an 18min video I'm working on, and everytime I open or close premiere my audio filters (highpass & denoiser) disappear every-time I re-open the file with this error message.

When I click on the clip, in effect controls, where the filter should be it says "Offline (filter unavailable)"

Then I have to go through dozens of clips and re-add them each time I want to render.

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
Premiere CS6, audio filters vanish-rrr.jpg  
Stephen Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Premiere CS6, audio filters vanish

I've never encountered this but it appears Premiere can't find the files. Look in Premiere>support files> and see if audiofilters.dll is present...or if it has somehow become un-registered --- did you do anything to your registry lately? There is a regsvr32 function you can use with Windows Command Processor-- google for info --- to re-register .dll files that windows doesn't recognize, if that is the case. Would be odd and rare, but that could cause the problem...

If you are SURE that is the problem, there is information here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249873 This support article is headlined WInXP but applies to all subsequent versions as well. Be careful!

Last edited by Battle Vaughan; August 23rd, 2013 at 09:48 PM.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hmm, thanks, it looked like there was not a folder exactly called support files, but there was an audiofilters.dll in the main folder.

I wonder if this has something to do with upgrading from Cs5.
Stephen Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #4
Trustee

My apology, in CS6 the audio dlls are no longer in the support file. There are 4 dll files beginning with audio in the Premiere CS6 root directory --- AudioFilterHost, AudioFilters, AudioRenderer, AudioSupport. For all I know, there may be other files that affect the audio, but these are the obvious ones. My understanding is that the upgrades don't overlap with the new version, and shouldn't interfere but I'm reaching the limits of my experience on this and don't want to mislead....bottom line is, it is apparent that CS6 is not finding the filters for some reason, and the dll registry problem is the only cause I can think of. Which is not to say that there are not others, of course!

One thought occurs, the directory in your clip looks odd, what is the "\\?\" before the F: locator? Never saw that before, could it be a clue?
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hmm, thank battle.

The odd thing is that the filters work fine, until I close and re-open the file.

Anyone else run into this?
Stephen Henderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite