3 Million Adobe Passwords + Details Stolen at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 4th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #1
Major Player

3 Million Adobe Passwords + Details Stolen

Oh dear, another downside to "Cloud". Users waking up today to find Adobe have had nearly 3 million user accounts stolen including passwords, user details, and encrypted credit card details.

BBC News - Adobe confirms customer data stolen in security breach

So get onto your Adobe account and reset the password NOW! And better reset any other accounts that share the same logins and passwords as the hackers also stole the full user details so they know who you are.

This is yet another "cloud" problem that convinces me I'm happy to sweat CS6.
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: 3 Million Adobe Passwords + Details Stolen

Got an email this morning at 07:11 telling me about this, and that my password had been reset by Adobe as a precaution.

Of course, Gmail flagged it as spam... Sigh.
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Keep in mind that it is never a good idea to reset a password through an email link. Always go to the website independently to reset your password. The hackers have your email address since it is your Adobe ID.

Bob
Old October 4th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #4
Trustee

Absolutely. I logged in on the CC website and that's what told me my password had reset.

I didn't get the Adobe email until I checked the spam folder later!
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ALL of Adobe's user info, passwords, and credit card details are stored on the same server. This is NOT a Creative Cloud issue. Please find the proper forum to hate on CC, if you wish.
Denez McAdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #6
Inner Circle

I'm also on CS6 and I received no notification but went to change my login anyway and Adobe forced a password reset. FYI
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denez McAdoo View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but ALL of Adobe's user info, passwords, and credit card details are stored on the same server. This is NOT a Creative Cloud issue. Please find the proper forum to hate on CC, if you wish.
So Adobe's lack of ability to keep usernames, passwords and credit card details safe has no bearing on Creative Cloud? Gosh, because in order to use Creative Cloud I thought they asked for usernames, passwords and credit card details!

Move along, nothing to see!
Old October 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Marcus, I apologize. I meant this is not exclusively a Creative Cloud issue. By "ALL" user info, I meant including Creative Cloud users and CS users. So, yeah "all". My point still stands. This is not "another downside to Cloud" nor is it "another Cloud problem". It's an Adobe problem.

Sorry for being hostile, but I've been reading about this on a number of forums and so many people seem to be gleefully cheering that the sky is falling on the whole CC model. Which, as I understand it, is not in fact what is happening. (Full disclosure, I don't work for Adobe, so please feel free to correct me if I've gotten the details wrong.)
Denez McAdoo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite