xdcamEX no audio on transfer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 4th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Major Player

xdcamEX no audio on transfer

Can anyone help ?
My XDcam EX .mov original files play with audio when I open them (PC) - when I import them into premiere there is no audio just pics - any ideas?
Chris Duczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: xdcamEX no audio on transfer

Original XDCam EX files is *.mp4 and not *.mov :O
Allways use Media Browser for import them from full SxS card BPAV folder.
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Major Player

To expand on the previous reply - copy the entire contents of the SxS card to hard drive. Folder structure intact. Do not use Sony software!

In Premiere, do not use the regular "Import" function. Rather, use "Media Browser", which by default you will find at lower left of Premiere interface. That is the proper way to import any card-based format, so that Premiere correctly interprets the metadata and bonds the audio and video together, and this will also take spanned clips and import them as one long clip, no glitches between them on long recordings.

Thanks
Old November 5th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #4
Major Player

I have been importing through media browser, but there is just no audio. The audio track is there on the timeline, but even on the audio mixer there is no audio. I've never seen this before. I import any other clip into the project and it's fine.....so frustrating as these clips are shot by someone else and I can just play them back on my PC before import.
Someone mentioned I may need an imx decoder. A company called nanocosmos supplies the software. Any thoughts ??
Chris Duczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #5
Trustee

Just a wild thought, but is it possible the audio track is muted? Check for the speaker icon in the track header. If the waveform is visible and the track not muted, it should play. If not perhaps you have an audio codec problem. You could drop the clip into GSpot or MediaInfo (both freeware) to see what codec is in use, if you don't have that codec (unlikely) you could add it or convert the file in Audacity or something to, say, a .wav file.

Is it possible your audio device preference is set to a wrong source? ( edit >preferences>audio hardware)
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #6
Major Player

I've just downloaded a decoder called Brorsoft which has solved the problem. However, I'm not sure why I needed it, except that the audio may have been some strange codec. I will check your other suggestions as well. If anyone has any ideas pls let me know.
Chris Duczynski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite