PPro CC clip to Audition CC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 18th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #1
Major Player

PPro CC clip to Audition CC

Hi All -

Need assistance here please:

I've got a clip on my my PPro CC timeline that I want to edit in Audition CC. (On a 2012 Mac; rMBP 15" running Mavericks)

When I select the clip in the timeline (both video and audio), I right click to get the option to "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition". I select and click on that and it opens Audition fine in the Waveform layout.

Couple of things here that aren't working properly:

- The video doesn't show up (I've changed the Workspace to "Edit Audio to Video" and the "Video" is also checked). The Video box appears in the upper left hand corner, along with the Effects Rack and Properties tabs ... I just don't see my video clip in the Video tab/box area.

- The audio only plays the surround music but not the vocals/speaking of the center channel. Yes, it's a 5.1 mix and it does show up as that in the Waveform view.

I'm pretty sure it's just some settings that I'm overlooking, but if anybody here could point out what I need to do in order to remedy the two above issues I am having, I will greatly appreciate it!!

If more info. is needed, please advise.

Thanks!!
Andrew Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: PPro CC clip to Audition CC

If you are importing a saved file, open a Multitrack session and drag the video and audio files (they will be demuxed on import) into it.

If you edit the clip from Premiere, only the audio is sent. Instead, set the work area to the part you want to send, select edit sequence, and select work area as the selection. Be sure to check the "send video preview" button which is unchecked by default.

In Audition, go to Window, and select Video to open the video monitor window. If the multitrack window is not open, select it instead of the waveform window. A video reference track will appear above the audio tracks in the multitrack window, but the video itself will play in the separate video window. You can synch the video to the audio by moving the video track relative to the sound track, if necessary.

Last edited by Battle Vaughan; December 18th, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite