Automatic Separate Audio Sync in CC? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 27th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Automatic Separate Audio Sync in CC?

Hello, I have edited a film using just the reference audio from the camera, and now I am going back and replacing the camera audio with the audio from a Boom mic recorded separately. Is there any faster way than doing this clip by clip in the timeline in Adobe Premiere CC? I have been finding clip I need in the specific audio file, cutting it out and putting it underneath the camera audio, then using the "Synchronize" feature to line them up, but this is taking way longer than I anticipated. Any suggestions? Thanks
Tim Altonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2014, 05:08 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Automatic Separate Audio Sync in CC?

PluralEyes (redgiant.com) is made for this kind of thing. Some information here:
Usual disclaimer applies, satisfied user, no commercial connection whatever.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2014, 08:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I gave Plural Eyes a shot, and it doesn't seem to work for what I need. I keep getting an error that "xxx.mov is not linked, please remove xxx.mov and retry". I am trying to import existing sequences, then import the audio files and have them automatically linked. Any suggestions on how to do this with Plural Eyes? Thanks
Tim Altonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #4
Trustee

I've never seen that particular error, but two things come to mind: the preferred workflow is to import your clips before any editing. PE is also picky about the order of clips, how they're named, and that different sources be put in differerent bins, and that the files in any bin all be the same frame rate. That said, PE will import your sequence. If one clip doesn't work, perhaps it is different from the others --- frame rate or codec, for example.

If you do not have it, there is an excellent manual you can download from redgiant.com. Their tech support is also very responsive. Also, while .mov files are supported for both mac and pc, not every possible codec is. There is a list of supported formats in the manual. It's here: http://www.redgiant.com/docs/doc-on/pluraleyes/
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite