Stabilising problem. on Adobe CS5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 16th, 2014, 10:06 AM   #1
Major Player

Stabilising problem. on Adobe CS5

I have just had CS5 installed legally onto a new PC. Everything works OK except when the Warp stabiliser is used it distorts the image on the clip. Likewise when Mercalli V20 is used it causes the image on the clip to have colour distortion and a flashing image. Previously when mercalli was on another less powerful PC it worked perfectly with CS5. Any solutions very welcome. I can't work without the stabiliser as where only handheld shots are possible the outcome is somewhat shaky.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2014, 03:20 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Stabilising problem. on Adobe CS5

I have now got the Mercalli stabiliser working ok. The Adobe warp stabiliser should not be as an effect on CS5 premiere Pro. It must be confused by the presence of CS6 on the same drive. I have now un-installed CS6 and am working with CS5 again. Every thing is good> for how long?
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 02:11 AM   #3
Major Player

Many people swear that you can have more than one version of Premiere installed on the same system, but I have never been happy with the idea.

As far as Mercalli goes, I believe it is not uncommon for third-party plug-ins to be confused when there is more than one version of the host program installed.

I must admit that I always reach for Mercalli as first choice due to the impact of the Warp Stabiliser on project file size, and the knock-on effects of that. There are situations in which Warp gives me clearly superior results to Mercalli (e.g. a bird on a rock with rough sea as a background). In those situations I apply Warp and when I am happy with the results export the modified clip using the UT lossless codec, then replace the original clip with the modified clip.

Do you have a problem with CS6? I find the latest (6.0.5) version to be far better than CS5 as a tool.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 02:16 AM   #4
Major Player

ALAN. I have solved my problems. I have removed CS6 from my PC as I beleive it was iffy. I have bought a new mnore powerful PC for my HD editing and it included CS6. unfortunately Encore was not there and as I need Encore to make ISO files I decided to ditch the CS6 and revert back to using CS5 which has always suited my requirements. Since removing CS6 everything is back to normal on CS5 on the new PC. If I ever need to use Warp I can access it on After Effects. I don't use warp however as I find it complicated and very slow whilst Mercalli is very fast indeed. As to CS6 I find that although good it has very little difference to CS5.5. For my needs anyway. Thanks for your interest.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite