Screen sharing with system audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 19th, 2014, 09:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Screen sharing with system audio

My production partner and I are moving further away from each other and we are looking into free screen sharing options for him to give me real-time feedback on edits. The only one I've found so far that claims to offer system audio sharing is zoom.us. Anyone have experience using them or others that share audio?

I know the principal of "you get what you pay for" is in effect here, but has anyone had any luck accomplishing audio and video screen sharing? I'm totally fine with just using our phones for the communication side of the experience.
Old June 19th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Screen sharing with system audio

Here's a start, Adobe has a collaborative edit function designed for its products: Adobe Anywhere for video disclaimer: I have no personal experience with this product. I believe it is part of the CC versions.

Google "adobe collaborative edit" and you will find several discussions and youtube videos on this topic.

Last edited by Battle Vaughan; June 19th, 2014 at 12:39 PM.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2014, 01:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the suggestion! At this point my partner and I can't afford dual Adobe CC licenses, though, which I believe is what's required for Adobe Anywhere. Our workflow now is me rendering stuff out, uploading to cloud storage and him getting back to me over email with edits each time.

This isn't ideal for all projects. For the more intense projects he'll come to my place and we'll hash stuff out together which works great. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to share my screen and my system audio with him as we talk on the phone about edits to simulate this environment.
Old June 19th, 2014, 09:15 PM   #4
Trustee

I just saw an ad for this service, it has a 10gb capacity, perhaps it would permit you to share files. If you each have the same clips, you could just share the sequence, I think, and it would link to the clips on each computer, saving you some upload. I may not be understanding everything about this: https://www.hightail.com/features
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hmm, I don't think that's quite what I'm looking for based on what I read of its features. The cost is a bit prohibitive as well.

I have to admit that I've become quite spoiled by the free services I use such as Copy.com. I have 210GB of free storage from them that I earned through referrals.
Old June 19th, 2014, 11:12 PM   #6
Major Player

TeamViewer is free for personal use.
TeamViewer - Free Remote Control, Remote Access & Online Meetings
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2014, 10:01 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks Juris! I'll check it out. It looks like it may have audio capability.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite