Transitions for Premiere CC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 14th, 2014, 03:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Transitions for Premiere CC

Hi all,

I am looking for better transition for Premiere CC. The ones that come with Premiere isn't very good.

I am also a FCPX users and the ones in FCPX are very nice (bloom, bad tv, directional, earthquake, etc.). Any pointers in where I could 1) find free, great ones (I doubt it) 2) purchase some really nice, affordable ones

Any pointers appreciated.

Aa
Aaron Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 03:07 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Transitions for Premiere CC

If you have a creative cloud subscription you should find some of these in after effects. Not at my editing station, but I'm sure bad TV is in there, although that might be part of the red giant suite.
Paul Ekert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 06:05 AM   #3
Trustee

Sorry to Hijack the thread ... but any good ones for Sony Vegas available as well ?

Would be nice to have a sticky thread listing great add-ons for all the main suites like Premiere, FCPX, Vegas
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 06:57 AM   #4
Major Player

From FCPX I'm sure you know FxFactory - don't a lot of their products also work in Premiere?
David Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 10:42 AM   #5
Trustee

You can create your own transitions by creating and saving effects presets, here are links to information on this:
Using Effects as Transitions in Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Effect presets

That said, After Effects has many more effects and animations including, for example, three different "bad tv" effects, which you can modify and save as custom presets. Unlike FCP's arms-length relationship with Motion, Premiere and After Effects are more closely related. While each is a stand-alone program, it appears that Adobe's plan is for editors to work with both programs to accomplish the more complex editing tasks. You can dynamically link an After Effects composition to a Premiere timeline, and work seamlessly between them. Admittedly this works better in the most recent iterations of the programs.

You might also like to look at the offerings here: https://www.newbluefx.com/Premiere-p...FUVk7AodXBgASw
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite