Premiere Pro and Plural Eyes Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 6th, 2015, 08:23 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro and Plural Eyes Problem

I am working on a Multi Cam edit using Plural Eyes.

I want to get the channel with my lav mic to be heard. However, all I can hear is the shotgun. I have tried turning the volume down on the other track but then you cannot hear audio in the multi cam window to edit.

Anyone have any experience with this ?

Thanks in advance,
Eric
Eric Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2015, 07:36 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Premiere Pro and Plural Eyes Problem

Here is some information from the on-line help files that may be of some use, this is for CS6:

Enabling audio in the multi-camera source sequence

By default, Premiere Pro only enables audio channel one in the multi-camera source sequence. For multi-camera editing workflow, enable each
audio track manually before editing the target sequence. To enable audio tracks for the multi-camera source sequence, do the following:
1. Open the multi-camera source sequence by selecting the multi-camera source sequence icon in the Project panel, right-click (Win) or Ctrlclick
(Mac OS) the icon, and then choose Open In Timeline.
2. The Timeline opens. Select the audio tracks, and then enable the other audio tracks by clicking the Toggle Track Output button for each
audio track.
3. Now that all audio tracks are enabled, you can close the sequence.
------------------------
Mapping mono track audio in a multi-camera source sequence

If you are recording with a camera that records audio on to separate mono tracks (such as a Panasonic camera that shoots P2 media), you can
route these tracks to an adaptive track that can handle multiple audio tracks. Doing so makes it much simpler to handle audio in multi-camera
editing. To route mono track audio in a multi-camera source sequence, do the following.
1. In the Project panel, select clips for the multi-camera source sequence.
2. Choose Clip > Modify > Audio Channels
3. The Audio Channels dialog box launches, allowing you to see the location of the tracks. Audio channel one is the default for the clip. If the
primary audio was recorded on another channel, you can map it to audio channel one. See Change the source audio channel mapping for
one or more clips.
4. Choose Channel Format > Adaptive
5. Click OK
6. Open the multi-camera source sequence by selecting the multi-camera source sequence icon in the Project panel, right-click (Win) or Ctrlclick
(Mac OS) the icon, and then choose Open In Timeline.
7. In the Timeline, select the audio tracks, and then enable the other audio tracks by clicking the Toggle Track Output button for each audio
track.
8. Now that all audio tracks are enabled, you can close the sequence and move forward with the multi-camera edit.

ALSO this tutorial: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-prem...era-sequences/

Best wishes!
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2015, 01:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank You. I will read over this and try. Thanks again.
Eric Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2015, 06:53 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I use CS5.5 and have not found a way to to get anything but audio one when doing multi camera. Even if I enable all the channels I usually only hear channel one, but even if you could, I think the method I use would work better anyways.

I usually just put the best audio in channel one when creating the source timeline. Then when I am done doing my multi-cam edit I create another new time line and nest the multi-cam edit in there, and then remove the audio and copy and paste all the audio channels from the original time line. Then also add my titles and what ever else in this final timeline. The third timeline is a bit unnecessary, I just like the option of going back if I need to, you could in your multi camera time line, just copy and paste the audio channels from the original timeline that you used to synch the cameras. You do have to un-link the audio from the video in the original time line in-order to copy just the audio.

Of course this method of having nested sequence with in nested sequences is kind of interesting, you have to do you color correcting and obviously your syncing in the first sequence, then you do you visual cuts in the second sequence, then your audio and titles in the final sequence.
Joshua Reafsnyder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite