Importing DNG into PP CC 2014 with ACR settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 12th, 2015, 11:16 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Importing DNG into PP CC 2014 with ACR settings

Donīt know if this has been covered in here, tried to search but could not find anything, which I find a little strange.

But here we go.

When importing RAW DNG files directly into CC2014, is there a way to make Premiere Pro CC pick up basic edits done on the DNG files in Adobe Camera RAW (saved in the XMP sidecar file). Or is CC2014 limited to only import the DNG files/sequence clean and unedited? When doing this in After Effects it works, AE letīs you do the initial adjustments in ACR, which is then applied to the whole sequence.

I know a lot of people want to do the whole grading thing inside of Premiere, but the thing is Adobe Camera RAW is able to do things, in a fast, easy and intuituve way, which Premiere is incapable of, such as superior shadow/highlight control, lens correction, chromatic aberation removal etc etc etc...

So to be able to apply some basic edits on the RAW files/sequence would be a major boost.

Cannot believe Adobe has left out this option when it is possible on After Effects.
Ole Salomonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2015, 01:43 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Importing DNG into PP CC 2014 with ACR settings

I remember reading a thread on this in the Adobe forum, with regards to color correction ACR style and according to adobe staff, it was considered and found to be difficult to implement. My guess is that it would require a complete rewrite. You should submit a feature request, join the fray and pray.

Otherwise, if you can achieve what you want in AE, then why not create a linked AEP comp in a premiere?
Old January 15th, 2015, 12:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for your reply Peter.

Kinda sad news though.

Hoping Adobe will make this happen.
Ole Salomonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 10:36 PM   #4
Trustee

Not all hope is lost. Many are asking for better/native DNG support. I just read a comment by Kevin Monahan on the forum that staff was willing to consider it if enough folks submitted a feature request.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite