Saving the day with an Atmos Ninja and the Matrox MXO2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 21st, 2015, 04:15 PM   #1
Equal Opportunity Offender

Saving the day with an Atmos Ninja and the Matrox MXO2

I had this old HDV footage editing project from 2008 which had originally been ingested (via composite) in standard definition and edited on that basis. As part of slowly retiring my HDV tape usage, I had been ingesting my tapes digitally and updating projects such as this one to a final high-definition version.

Everything was great, and I go to encode it out to a single finished file. Error compiling movie. Weird, after all there is no error in it playing through the timeline. Works beautifully.

Maybe I could possibly find out what in PPro is giving it a hiccup. Nah, can't be bothered.

Instead, I hook up the Ninja to the HDMI output of my Matrox MXO2 and record it directly to a ProRes file. Solved the problem by bypassing it directly. Think of it as an analogue-ish workaround to a digital problem.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite