Adobe CS5 unusual problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 16th, 2018, 10:51 AM   #1
Major Player

Adobe CS5 unusual problem

I wonder if someone one explain why this minor problem occurs and if it can be cured. I use CS5 and windows 7 . The PC is adequately powerful. After I have been using the PC for quite a while and every programme I open appears on the screen instantly I click on the icon to open CS5 premiere pro. That's when my problem starts. Sometimes it takes two minutes for the programme to open, sometimes I think it's not going to open at all. NOW when I close the programme but leave the PC switched on, I open the Premiere Pro again after a while, The programme opens immediately. I would like to know the cause of the originally delay, is it the fault of the programme or the fault of the PC. Thanks for any suggestions.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 11:01 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Adobe CS5 unusual problem

Please wait for another more up to date and valid response from another user before taking my following comment seriously.

I recall that a few years back, there was an issue with anti-virus software which resided in the background slowing Premiere down. I imagine that maybe after your computer has been left running for a while, that anti-virus software has done its housekeeping for the day and is not longer consuming the computer's resources.

Some folk would recommend not installing anti-virus software and to keep the editing computer quarantined from internet. That is all well and good but courier media has to be swapped between a quarantined computer and others. Sooner or later this media may not itself be virus checked. This leaves the editing computer wide-open vulnerable unless the other computer and courier storage has scrupulously maintained virus protection.

Last edited by Bob Hart; March 16th, 2018 at 11:07 PM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2018, 05:58 AM   #3
Equal Opportunity Offender

There could be a number of possible reasons why Premier is slow to load the first time. Subsequent launches will be faster because the programme files are still in cache and hence there is no wait for them to be read from the hard drive.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 06:04 AM   #4
Major Player

Sometimes this happens with my Photoshop CS5 and I think it is when the updater program is also launched during the startup of Photoshop.
Old March 18th, 2018, 01:38 PM   #5
Major Player

thanks Bob, Andrew and Tim for your input. This particular PC which has CS5 installed has an anti virus app ( Malware bytes). I have another PC operating with CS6 and this is not connected to the internet and is only used for editing. This CS6 opens immediately so perhaps something on the internet is slowing down the CS5 programme on my general PC.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 09:50 PM   #6
Equal Opportunity Offender

On a side note: Antivirus/mafia apps really are outdated and redundant. I haven't used one for 20 years and keep myself safe by not clicking on attachments to strange emails or running pirated software.

As a bonus your computer also runs much faster.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite