character map and adobe premiere pro CS6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 29th, 2020, 10:12 AM   #1
Major Player

character map and adobe premiere pro CS6

Hi. May I first wish everbody a happy and virus free new year. Now I hope someone can help me with the following problem. I have made several videos which included an arrow pointing to highlight a certain part of an image. I have done this with the Character Map symbol of an arrow using Adobe Premiere pro CS6 installed on WINDOWS 7. Now I find I can not use it and have tried the procedure I have always used in the past. I can still open the Character Map and select an arrow and press the copy button. But when I try to paste it in the appropriate place on the time line via the edit and paste dropdown box, the paste line is greyed out and so the arrow cannot appear in the time line. Does Premiere pro or Windows 7 no longer support Character Map?. I have tried to Google an answer with no response. If this should be the case can anyone give me a step by step instruction how to use any other method of making an arrow. As I am 93 years old I need simple guidance to do the job. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by Roy Alexander; December 29th, 2020 at 10:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2020, 11:19 AM   #2
Vortex Media

Re: character map and adobe premiere pro CS6

I can't answer your question about Character Map, but you might consider creating an arrow in Photoshop (make it bigger than you need), saving it as a PNG with a transparent background, and importing that file into Premiere. Inside Premeire you can scale it, rotate it, and create key-framed movement if you want. That's how I do it.

If you don't want to create an arrow from scratch, do a Google Image search for arrows, narrow it down to clip art, and you will find a ton of them that you can either use as they are or modify to suit your own needs.
I hope that helps.

https://www.google.com/search?q=arro...=1905&bih=1053
Old December 29th, 2020, 04:42 PM   #3
Equal Opportunity Offender

Hi Roy,

I love the fact that you are 93 years old and editing video.

I'm using Premiere CS6 and I too can't paste from the clipboard onto the timeline. The only thing I can do is to create a new title and paste the text into that, and then to place the title on the timeline.

Would using a title solve the problem for you?

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2020, 03:44 AM   #4
Major Player

Thank you Doug and Andrew for your quick reply. I am happy to report that I have solved the problem It was quite simple really. I printed the word WINGDINGS 3 in the fount style box instead of scrolling down the box and selecting Wingdings 3 and ( I don't know why) it worked.. Happy new virus free new year to all.
Old December 31st, 2020, 03:24 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Alexander View Post
As I am 93 years old I need simple guidance to do the job. Thanks in advance for any help.
Hey there Roy. You the Man! Keep cutting friend. I thought I was one of the oldies around here at 73 but now I feel like a young 'un. Trust I can keep cutting like you are when I'm in your neck of the woods. Stay well and have a great new year.

Chris Young.
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2020, 06:33 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Chris. Thank you for your kind words. I congratulate you for still working at the young age of 73. I have just recently bought a reflecta machine from China which digitises 8mm films. I have used the machine to put four of my award winning Super 8 films on You Tube. They are MICKEYS MONUMENT awarded four stars in Movie Makers 10 best competition. BOULEVARD OF DREAMS. also got four stars. THE FRIENDLY CITY, also four stars. and ONE OF THE FORTUNATES, I have also put on this video as Super 8 film copied by myself with an ordinary VHS camcorder, so viewers can see the difference. In all I have 32 videos on my Chanel. I would like you and others to view my videos and give a verdict on my work. Log onto >RoyfromDurham,<. May I wish you and everyone in Australia ( I have relatives there) a happy and virus free 2021. Regards Roy Alexander
Old January 6th, 2021, 03:09 PM   #7
Major Player

Should you not paste it in the Titler instead of the timeline?
MIght want to use Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite