MPEG4, ipod video, and Premiere Pro 1.5 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 13th, 2005, 03:51 PM   #16
Major Player

mixed results

The QT compatible (simple checked) file plays just fine. The non compatible (simple not checked) one didn't quite play. I was expecting it to not even copy over, which was a problem I had with non compatible files. But it did copy over to the ipod. When I played it off the ipod's display it plays, but flashes green and has some funky artifacting. When I hooked it up to a TV it wouldn't play at all. It thinks about it for a sec and then bumps immediately back to the play list.

The one that played looked very nice, even with the fast motion. I've found that brighter sceens do better. I've got a series on making a big fireworks event. Most of it looks good, but the actual night of the show the blacks look blocky. I'm still poking around for the right solution to that. The same clips are looking fine on DVD (for the VPs) and in Flash for the website that it was actually shot for.
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 06:53 PM   #17
Trustee

thanks for checking that... now we know that nero can create ipod-legal files that play back at the max allowable bitrate of the ipod.

in theory, i think that the qt-compatible file would have slightly worse video quality, since it doesn't have bi-directional capability(??)... they both more or less played back on the pc qt 7 software player.
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Euritt
that premiere h.264/qt thing is interesting, because i think that mainconcept has an h.264 encoder... i wonder if you can output h.264 off of the premiere pro timeline, without using the qt front end?
I just checked. You can output H.264 directly off the timeline without going through the Adobe Media Encoder, but still only in the QuickTime wrapper.

Last edited by Christopher Lefchik; December 15th, 2005 at 05:09 PM.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #19
Major Player

exact settings in nero

Dan, any chance you could take a screen capture of your export settings in nero? I can make an ipod compatible video in QT Pro, but it doesn't give you any control over the settings. So I'm trying to do it in Final Cut Express (our work copy of Premiere is 6.5 so I'm not even trying it there). It has an export for ipod option, but again it gives no control over settings. When I try to make and mp4 manually, even when I've got every setting that Apple asks for correct, my ipod rejects it.

Specifically I get:
"Some of the videos in your iTunes library ... were not copied to the iPod because they cannot be played on the iPod... For more info..."

This is what I was expecting from your non compatible clip, though it copied over with no trouble, it just wouldn't play nicely. So I'd like to compare your settings options with mine.

Thanks,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2005, 10:24 PM   #20
Trustee

unfortunately the pc that i do the nero encoding with does not have screen grabber software on it.

can you disable bi-directional prediction with the qtpro software?
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:18 PM   #21
Trustee

Dan,

You can hit the "Print Scrn" button on your keyboard to take a screen shot, then create a new Word document, or a new image in a graphics program and paste the screen shot into that. Hitting "Alt+Print Scrn" will limit the screen grab to the currently selected window.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 08:25 PM   #22
Major Player

Is there any aac audio export in premiere pro, im able to export h.264 video with the right bitrates, but i do not know if there is a codec for aac.
Old January 7th, 2006, 09:48 AM   #23
New Boot

hello guys

I just finished wrapping up a Music video and I've been trying to compress with a good web size/quality ratio, so last night I bought the QT 7 pro, come to find out I didn't need it. As Christopher Lefchik put it :

"the free QuickTime 7 player enabled the QuickTime H.264 codec inside of Premiere Pro"

But i didn't find and acc codec for my audio anywhere,the whole ipod thing i have to look into, good subject.
Jay C Masters is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite