Old film effect... anybody? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 23rd, 2005, 01:03 AM   #1
Tourist

Old film effect... anybody?

Hi, I gotta deliver a short film in a couple of weeks, and the shortīs director wants it to have that "20īs look". You know what I mean, kinda grainy, with spots and lines every now and then, if the frame could swing up and down once in a while would be great. But therein lies my problem, of course, I KNOW how to make it B&W and also put a little Iris effect on it to make it look like itīs being projected or something (I keep thinking a could make look a little bit yellowish) and the grain stuff is a no brainer.. what i donīt know what to do with is the "old effect", the black spots appearing every now and then and the swing.. mhh I guess I could make it swing come to think of it. Ok, if Anybody has the slightless idea how to make de spots effect and stuff (plug-in, etc.) PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
OH! By the way, Iīm using Premiere Pro and AE. THANKS!
David Hayter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:59 PM   #2
Major Player

magic bullet plugins or try the cinelook plug in. Either one has it.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2005, 12:27 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Rodriguez
magic bullet plugins or try the cinelook plug in. Either one has it.
Where do you get these plug ins from and how do you use them with premiere pro?

Paul
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 08:19 PM   #4
Major Player

if you check the adobe website, under third party plugins, you'll see all of the manufacturers listed for the plugins, it will have links to their website, and also trial downloads.

Los.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 05:39 AM   #5
Inner Circle

u can do it free. PP comes standard with Sepia and film looks, be sure to put sepia first in the chain...

if u have an RTX unit, use RTX effects instead...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:53 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Jefferson
u can do it free. PP comes standard with Sepia and film looks, be sure to put sepia first in the chain...

if u have an RTX unit, use RTX effects instead...
Its Premiere Pro I have Peter, the only way I can seem to get the sepia tone is in the colour correction section, but no film look, what are they under?

Paul
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:55 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Rodriguez
if you check the adobe website, under third party plugins, you'll see all of the manufacturers listed for the plugins, it will have links to their website, and also trial downloads.

Los.
Thanks Carlos, I'll check them out as well, but how do you import the plugins to PP?
Paul
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:49 AM   #8
Inner Circle

im using an RT unit, but im using PP colour corrector for the sepia.. im not on the actual RT machine but from memory i KNOW the RT has old film, but im not too sure about PP on its own..

hey if worse comes to worse, go grab a demo copy of Vegas 6, or even Edius pro (Edius has MUCH nicer film look within an NLE, very similar to Magic Bullet's Misfire with the scratchs being tweakable enough to colour (Black scratches look sexier than white.. )

But yer, u can grab edius and Vegas demos and jsut use this effect for teh clps that need t, render out and voila...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2005, 08:54 AM   #9
Old Boot

Now, if you had Vegas! Well, us VegHeads do THIS all the time. We make our own film looks and presets and colourise our movies just the way we want them. Just 2 clicks and you've got it.

Smug? Moi? Nah, just knew what I saw and thought this was the NLE for me. Oh yeah, you should see me with real-time Colour Correction with 3 colour wheels and Composite Curves.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite