Trouble with qiucktime Ver 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:57 AM   #1
Major Player

Trouble with qiucktime Ver 7

About 4 days ago when I was attempting to play a clip in QT I recieved a msg that my free version 7 had expired and to download again to update. I did. But from that point on I couldn't open PPro 1,5 or Premiere 6.5 or After Effects or Photoshop. Nor could I uninstall or install...anything. I tried sys restore with no luck. At first it was giving an error 1719. I went to a forum and it told me this. See below.

" When you install as much software as most of the staffers at the Planet do, you sometimes run into that little glitch that brings things to a halt and makes you scratch your head. Error 1719 is one of them.

Error 1719 occurs when the msiexec.exe program becomes disassociated with .msi files. Under Windows XP x32 this is usually fixed with rebooting into safe mode, renaming the msiexec and DLL's and letting Windows File Protection reinstall them. This doesn't always work in x64.

Error 1719 occurs in x64 when the 32-bit version of msiexec is registered as the msiserver. Here's the fix:

Open regedit ( Start -> Run -> regedit.exe -> OK)
Go to the following key: My computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer
Look at the ImagePath entry. For Windows XP x64 it should read:
CODE
C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /V

If it doesn't edit the registry to match that.
Restart the Windows Installer service from the Admin Control Panel -> Services CP

That's all there is to it! It took me a while researching this and it dawned on me that some utilities might find the above entry wrong and reset it to it's 32-bit counterpart. Thats what caused the error as 32-bit msiexec cannot run as a installer for 64-bit apps. "

Ok.. I tried all of that but with no luck. I sent an E-mail to apple Quicktime but haven't heard back. Apparently alot of people are having the same problem. Everything was ok before I downloaded Ver 7. I seems odd that it would have expired. I had no problems with version 7 before. In a few days I'll be reinstalling WinPro XP onto a new Harddrive and that should correct the problem. However if it pops up again Should I download or ignore the Message? Anyone heard of this problem???? I have no projects at this time so I'm not too excited. My E-mai, internet, and some other programs are working ok. Any help or ideas or information would be appreciated.

Harry Lender
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 10:14 AM   #2
Wrangler

I can't help with specifics since I don't use Windows, but I'd suggest visiting Apple's Quicktime for Windows support forum here:

http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=943
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Boyd
Thanks for your info. I went to Apple's Support forum and posted my problem. Here's the answer.

Dave Sawyer posts:

First, QuickTime does not expire. So if you got an expiration message, something very strange was occurring. If it happens again, I'd suggest you post the entire message (link to a screen shot if you can) so that people can try to evaluate what's going on. You may have picked up some strange sort of spyware (which did not come from Apple).

As to the 1719 error, Microsoft has a different explanation here that might help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q315346

Finally, there is no email support for QuickTime (or any other Apple hardware or software other than for purchasing tracks through the iTunes Music Store). So I don't know what email you used, but it's no surprise that you didn't get a response.

Hope things go smoothly once you get to a fresh copy of Windows.

PowerMac G5 DP 2GHz Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Now I know.

Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite