Premiere Pro 2.0 Keyboard? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 8th, 2006, 08:58 AM   #1
Major Player

Premiere Pro 2.0 Keyboard?

Anyone seen a Premiere Pro 2 keyboard anywhere? Also, is there such thing as a Premiere Pro/After Effects 7 Pro keyboard that combines the 2 into 1?
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #2
Major Player

http://www.logickeyboard.com

I use a Logickeyboard for Premiere Pro and i just love that keyboard. A good investment imo.

I have not seen a keyboard that combines PPro and AE shortcuts.

/Roger
Roger Averdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Major Player

Wow, I really like the Logic Keyboard... does it have all the shortcuts necessary for PPro 2.0? The site mentions Premiere 6

Sorry, I've never used one of these keyboard before..
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #4
Major Player

They would have a chance of selling me one if they had an image that let me read the keys.... shame.
Old February 8th, 2006, 10:39 AM   #5
Major Player

---------------------------------------
Old February 8th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Weeks
does it have all the shortcuts necessary for PPro 2.0? The site mentions Premiere 6
Yes, the keyboard has the most common ones such as Tools, In and Out points, Insert and Overlay edits, etc, etc.

The keyboard works for Premiere Pro 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and will probably work for Premiere Pro 2.5 etc.

They mention Premiere 6 and thats wrong. Ill send them a mail about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Gribble
They would have a chance of selling me one if they had an image that let me read the keys.... shame.
Barry, send them a e-mail and ask for a larger image. They are very kind and they could probably send you a larger image.

/Roger
Old February 8th, 2006, 02:34 PM   #7
Regular Crew

One thing to look for when buying these custom keyboards is the layout of all the keys (if you are picky, like me). I purchased one of the WorldTech keyboards for Premier Pro. I was all excited about the custom key overlays, I didn't notice it had a "double" enter key, which moved the key that is normally above the enter key to another location. I could not get used to it and it drove me crazy. I just sold that keyboard on eBay.

Just an FYI to make sure all the keys are where you want them before purchasing.
Sheila Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 03:58 AM   #8
Major Player

"Ah, the keyboard. How quaint!"

Sheila, that's interesting about the WorldTech keyboard. I once thought about getting one, but for one reason or another didn't do it. I have enough trouble remembering the Contour Shuttle Pro layout going between capture, editing and AE. I seem to recall a new keyboard out there somewhere using organic LED technology for the keycaps. This allows the "label" on them to change with the application. In theory. Now, that would be uber-cool!

Right now, anything would be better than the stupid Logitech keyboard I have now. On this machine, I have an old IBM. Not as nice as the Lexmark I had before it, which brought back warm and fuzzy memories of a Selectric typewriter, but better than most. I see pckeyboard now makes the IBM product line. I think they do custom work, too.
Old February 14th, 2006, 11:08 AM   #9
Major Player

I have a couple of these..It's nice having the jog right there. I have their standard PPRO keyboard as well with a shuttle pro 2..

http://www.bella-usa.com/Product-ProSeries.aspx
Pat Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Bella is the way to go for Premiere Pro!

JayH
Jay Handleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Pay, Jay:

Have you noticed the shuttle is very unresponsive on your bella keyboards? The jog works well for me, but it takes more than a second for the shuttle to engage, especially when reversing the playhead. Strangely, on one boot-up it worked beautifully for me. But I've pretty much given up using it...too slow.

Also on some boot ups, the keys around the letter O all add P to whatever letter I hit. So if hit number nine, I get number nine preceeded by the letter O. Very frustrating.

Couldn't find a contact on their website to complain.

How are your units?

James
James Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 07:18 PM   #12
Major Player

The jog for works just like the shuttle works in terms of responsiveness..
Old February 15th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Well that's definitely not the case for me. I'm running a fast machine with virtually nothing in the background (a la Matrox specifications) and it seems to have to think WAY too much about shuttling.

~J
James Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #14
Major Player

Hrm.. Drivers maybe for the Keyboard?

I'm running Premiere Pro 2 with the Matrox RT.X100 with XTools 5163 without an issue..
Old February 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM   #15
Regular Crew

No, I've got the latest drivers. Not sure what to do. Is the responsiveness you're getting similar to what you get if you use the interface shuttle in the monitor window? If I rock that back and forth with my mouse I get an instant response with the play head--seamless back and forth transport. Not so with my bella.

I appreciate your help.

James
James Sidney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite