24p DV Export problem in Premiere Pro 1.5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 12th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #1
Tourist

24p DV Export problem in Premiere Pro 1.5

Hi. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

I'm working on a half-hour TV show and shot all my footage in 24p on a Panasonic DVX-100. I captured it through Premiere Pro 1.5, and have been editing without problem on a 23.976 timeline in Premiere.

Now I need to export my edited movie to a raw DV avi, so I can process it both for net distribution (through VirtualDub, DivX conversion) and for on-air play (through Canopus MPEG encoder). I go through the normal steps, (file --> export --> movie) and make sure the settings are correct for this framerate and progressive mode.

But when I look at my avi outside of Premiere, it seems Premiere has added interlaced frames between cuts, and has not even interpreted the original 24p video correctly, leaving in the original interlacing.

When I look at the avi in Premiere, there is no interlacing, but frames appear to have been dropped between different edits.

Does anybody have any solutions that do not involve re-editing my entire project in another program? I've still got all my raw video in the project, so if it came to pre-processing the raw somehow and re-linking the files, I could probably do that...
Chad McCanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 10:25 PM   #2
Major Player

wierd, i use pro 1.5 and edit on 24 timeline and i output raw .avi or back to tape and is fine? not sure whta to say bro.
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #3
Tourist

I have the same problem

Same thing happening to me now, did anyone ever figure it out?
James Kanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Make sure you export out a 24p file...in the export settings, under the Video tab, make sure you set the Compressor setting to DV 24p. And under Keyframe and Rendering set the fields to progressive.
Eric Addison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite