Dropping frames in a consistent, weird way at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 18th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #1
New Boot

Dropping frames in a consistent, weird way

I'm still using 1.0, and whenever i capture, the exact same thing happens:
it captures perfectly for 1 minute 45 seconds, at which point the preview screen starts looking fairly choppy [the end product doesn't get choppy fortunately] and then right about the 2 minute mark, i start dropping frames. this means i can only capture in 2 minute chunks which is a massive hassle. Please help! pleeeeease!
Nic Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You do mean Premiere Pro 1.0 right? Anyway, I started having issues with dropped frames too but with 6.5. It shouldn't matter what version but I found that my laptop's 5400K rpm drive just couldn't cut it anymore. So, I got a 300 gb 7200K Maxtor external drive and the dropped frame problem went away. If you are using a 7200K drive or drives, they need to be dedicated for video, formatted to NTFS and checked for fragmentation and defragmented if that's the case.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #3
New Boot

Help with dropping frames while capturing on pro 1.0

Well, I >had< 1.5 which let me capture fine. My computer is pretty much top of the line. I no longer have 1.5 on my computer, because of various bugs that made me switch back to 1.0, but now I'm having this issue. Anyone else have any ideas? PLEASE?!?
Nic Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #4
Inner Circle

top of the line means nothing.
plese provide a specifiation.
the best computer full of BS software (multiple antivirus and firewall as often seen) gives no better results than a plain old cheap computer properly configured.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:28 PM   #5
New Boot

fair enough

I agree with what you're saying, but the main point is that, if my computer wasn't set up correctly, then why would it capture flawlessly in 1.5? the fact that it captures perfectly with that program, tells me that there's something wrong with the setting or something within 1.0

honestly, I don't know the specifications of my computer. I just know software.... which apparently, I don't know as well as I should, given this problem.
Nic Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite