Premiere Pro 2.0 Export to DVD Error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 6th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro 2.0 Export to DVD Error

I have Premiere Pro 2.0 on my desktop and laptop, and both are having the same problems. I get an error that says, "Plugincoder error: No Plugin DLLs"

I tried reinstalling the program to both computers with no luck. The program seems to encode the mp2/wav files just fine, as I can take those files and use outside software to burn to dvd. But with the export to DVD option, when it starts to convert those mp2 files into dvd files, it just quits with the above error.

Anyone else have a similar problem?
Joseph Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 12:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Check the Adobe.com forums and knowledgebase, they're a tremendous help.

Kevin
Kevin Janisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #3
Major Player

Joseph,
I had the same problem as well. It only happened when I tried to burn at 24p though. I'm still havingth eproblem and have not yet found a solution, exccept to burn a 24p timeline at 29.97. That's no problem. Is that what you are finding?
Old April 9th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Ah, yes yes yes, that IS the pattern, Matthew. I was trying to figure out why PPro crapped out on me all of a sudden, and you've got it. Recently, I've been rendering all my projects at 24p and am getting the problem. When I first got the software, I was rendering 29.97 projects with no problem.

I've checked the Adobe knowledgebase and have found nothing yet. I will check the forums soon and get back to you on my findings.

~ Joseph
Old April 9th, 2006, 11:45 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Well apparently a lot of people are having this problem. Here's an update I found in one of the forums:

<<Here's an update - regarding 23.976 recording to DVD. As you've found, it works in a 29.9 project, but not in 23.9 - after many calls to tech support - they were great by the way. It was discovered that there is a bug in the main concept encoder that is recording video at 23.9 but the audio was set up to record in 29.9 - in the 23.976 preset. Main Concept has been notified and they are working to correct the bug - there will be a link posted on the Adobe site eventually.>>
Old April 11th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks for the upate Joseph. Hope they get theat fixed soon.
Old April 14th, 2006, 11:06 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Found a workaround!

When you select the Export to DVD option, click on settings to change the encoding options. Under the video tab, where you can change all the bitrate settings, frame rate, TV standard, etc., scroll down to where it says, "GOP Settings". Change the "N Frames" from 15 to 12. I haven't seen the video yet, but it just rendered all the way through. Hope this helps on your end. Lemme know of your progress.
Old April 14th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #8
Major Player

Great thinking Joseph - That would seem to make sense. I'll try it this weekend.
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:28 PM   #9
Major Player

That workaround works for the image, in the sense that it records to DVD, however the audio is completely out of sync for me. In fact the audio is fine, it's the image that is sped up by (I would assume) 6 frames per sec. Has anybody heard of a fix for this issue by Main Concept yet?
David Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2006, 02:01 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I have the same problem, and no, I haven't heard of any update yet. The only workaround I've found is to create the mp2 file and author the dvd using a different program; but it irks me that I have to do that, since I'm sure that plenty of us bought PP2.0 largely in part for that export to dvd option.
Old May 24th, 2006, 06:46 AM   #11
New Boot

Any news on a fix yet? I had the same problem this weekend.'
I ended up exporting to an avi file amd then bringing it back into a new premiere project with 30 fps settings.
Darryl Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:48 AM   #12
Major Player

That is funny, I have the same problem in both 30fps and 24fps. I can't find a way around it. I have installed it on two completely different systems and both had the same problem: "Plugincoder error: No Plugin DLLs"

I was so happy with that feature too. Just being able to skip a step instead of doing the whole export to encore thing.

I hope adobe comes out with a fix for this.
Jonathan Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:21 PM   #13
Regular Crew

DVD Burning Problem

I have Premiere Pro 2.0 and XL H1, recorded 24f footage, captured using AspectHD 60i, then trying to burn a DVD, but when you go to export DVD window, the burn button is grey, not available, anyone knows whats the problem?
Nerses Papoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 04:04 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Exporting Canon 24F to DVD in Premiere Pro 2.0

Anyone had any luck in this yet?
Efrain Gomez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite