DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Panasonic P2HD and Premiere Pro (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/67122-panasonic-p2hd-premiere-pro.html)

Stephen L. Noe February 12th, 2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe
I don't know if it's still this way or not, but last time I looked at Liquid, it had no support for 24p either.

Yes there is 24p. Cutting for film, 24p (23.98) timeline is a preset. The part that's missing is the pulldown tools in order to get the 24p to DVD. We have the same issue with ProHD and 24p.

Liquid is primarily a broadcast editor so it's really designed for DVCPro50 @ 29.97 or 25fps. With 24fps they are still "working on it".

Trevor Trombley March 20th, 2006 10:36 PM

Record directly to laptop?

I have two friends who have an HVX200. I own an alienware lap top that has

Intel pentium 4 640 3.2ghz 800mhz fsb 2MB
2gb Duel channel memory
256MB Nvidia Gforce go6800
80 gig 7200 RPM ATA100 harddrive

Does this have enough performace to record DVCPRO HD directly to lap top? Or is that even capable. I was under the impresion you could. But now I'm not so sure.

This may be a noob question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trevor

Kathy Nielsen March 21st, 2006 05:27 AM

One thing to make sure of is that you have enough space on your hard drive for what you want to store. Having just spent the week doing storage calculations, I'm sensitive to the fact that with 80 Gigs you have enough room for less than 4 hours of 720p24 (the lowest data rate for HD). Check the manual for the table of data rates per format. --of course this is the easiest thing to address.

Barry Werger March 21st, 2006 05:31 AM

The problem is, there's currently no PC SOFTWARE fof DVCProHD capture...

Douglas Call March 21st, 2006 06:38 AM

Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Werger
The problem is, there's currently no PC SOFTWARE fof DVCProHD capture...

The answer is Matrox Axio LE and Adobe Premiere Pro:

• Full-resolution multi-layer realtime editing of HD and SD video,
graphics, and effects
• Realtime CPU-based effects such as color correction, speed
changes, and chroma/luma keying
• Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex effects such as 2D/3D DVE,
blur/glow/ soft focus, and shine
• Uncompressed HD and SD editing
• Native HDV and DVCPRO HD editing

http://www.matrox.com/video/products/pdf/AxioLE.pdf

Stephen van Vuuren March 21st, 2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Call
The answer is Matrox Axio LE and Adobe Premiere Pro:

True, but it won't run on a laptop. Edius Broadcast should be the answer.

Trevor Trombley March 21st, 2006 10:22 AM

re

I downloaded the demo for Edius pro. Which also has the Broadcast abilities such as aquisition of DVCPRO HD.

We were at a monthly film meeting. I hooked buddies HVX to the lap top using my firewire cord but I couldn't capture. Perhaps I had a setting wrong?

I'm more of a creative spirit when it comes to film opposed to a tech junky. And although new cameras and NLEs excite me I'm too much of a dumb ass to figure out how to get them to work unless I can have a lot of time with them.

It's not imperative that I figure out how to do this at this time. But one gentleman at the meeting was very adamant that the HVX cannot record to laptop. But I begged to differ. He also said that HVX records 4:4:2 and that it's true HD, but others on these forums have stated it's 4:2:2 and isn't true HD.

At this point I'm getting so confused I don't know what to believe.

Stephen van Vuuren March 21st, 2006 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Trombley
I downloaded the demo for Edius pro. Which also has the Broadcast abilities such as aquisition of DVCPRO HD.

We were at a monthly film meeting. I hooked buddies HVX to the lap top using my firewire cord but I couldn't capture. Perhaps I had a setting wrong?

I'm more of a creative spirit when it comes to film opposed to a tech junky. And although new cameras and NLEs excite me I'm too much of a dumb ass to figure out how to get them to work unless I can have a lot of time with them.

It's not imperative that I figure out how to do this at this time. But one gentleman at the meeting was very adamant that the HVX cannot record to laptop. But I begged to differ. He also said that HVX records 4:4:2 and that it's true HD, but others on these forums have stated it's 4:2:2 and isn't true HD.

At this point I'm getting so confused I don't know what to believe.

I hope the mods will forgive for info on other forums, but since there is not a dedicated Edius forum here, there is discussion of this issue on DVX User's new Edius broadcast forum and Canopus runs its own user forum. Unfortunately I have neither a HVX or Edius, so cannot verify.

Barry Green March 21st, 2006 01:29 PM

Edius Broadcast and Avid XPress Pro HD both support firewire capture from the HVX.

It'll be tough to do on a laptop though. The throughput requirements are pretty high. You may need something like an external G-Raid to pull it off. If you're doing 720/24p mode, it'll be much easier to capture because the data rate is lower. Edius lets you capture just the active frames (so only recording the actual 24 frames, not all 60 in the 60p stream).

Ashton Robinson March 23rd, 2006 01:41 PM

I was thinking it'd be possible to capture directly to a laptop with no problem when I first read about the small amount of content the P2 cards could capture. Their capacity is not worth anywhere near their price tag for me so this notion of using a laptop is good.

Betsy Moore March 23rd, 2006 03:26 PM

But no matter what, you can't use the camera to control when the computer is recording right? You have to actually use the computer keyboard to "capture" or record, right? I'm worried more for my desktop g5 for the interior shooting.

Leigh Wanstead March 23rd, 2006 04:35 PM

May I ask why?

TIA

Regards
Leigh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen van Vuuren
True, but it won't run on a laptop.

Tim Schultz March 23rd, 2006 11:14 PM

can't speak for PC but HVX runs fine through a powerbook G4. a friend tested it this way and results were good. however, if i remember right, the best way is to use firewire 800 and an external drive of course.

i'll be testing this system next week with a 30' firewire cable. will post the results.

tim

Darryl Hill May 11th, 2006 07:14 AM

HVX200 & Premiere Pro 2.0

I have the HVX200 and have ordered the FS-100.
Will I be able to transfer the MXF files through FS-100 to an AVI file and be able to edit with Premiere Pro 2.0?

Thanks for your help.

Mark Burton May 11th, 2006 08:21 AM

I think the current best method is to use either 'Raylight' to create an AVI reference movie to the original MXF or 'DV Film Maker' to re-wrap the MXF essence to Cineform AVI.

The second option would be pricey - it would mean £145 for DV Film Maker and $499 for Aspect HD.

Check out: http://www.dvfilm.com/maker

There is also a note in this thread to say Cineform will release a new version of Aspect HD by the end of the month to support the HVX200, in which case you would not need DV Film maker:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=54747

Mark