DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   PPro 1.5 EDL Limited- Sequence Import Impossible (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/68687-ppro-1-5-edl-limited-sequence-import-impossible.html)

Melanie Pake June 1st, 2006 06:26 PM

PPro 1.5 EDL Limited- Sequence Import Impossible

HI there,

I'm using PPro 1.5. I tried to import a sequence from one project into another using Export EDL. The only problem is that the options are limited as I had 5 video tracks and 3 audio tracks occupied but when exporting EDL's they ask you to choose only I video track and 2 audio tracks.

What I would like to know is:

1) Does EDL exporting improve in PPro 2.0?
2) Is there another better way to import a sequence from a different project? (other than selecting everything on the sequence and cut & pasting)

thanks.

Christopher Lefchik June 1st, 2006 07:06 PM

Hi Melanie, welcome to DV Info!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie Pake
Is there another better way to import a sequence from a different project? (other than selecting everything on the sequence and cut & pasting)

You can import a Premiere project into another Premiere project. This is the best way to preserve the sequences, tracks, clips, and effects intact. In fact, the Premiere help file states that "Importing one project into another is the only way to transfer complete sequence and clip information from one project to another."

To import a project into another project go to File > Import and choose the project you wish to import.

Hornady Setiawan June 1st, 2006 11:14 PM

1) yes
2) u can directly import a project into another project, you will retain full sequence edit. You may do this also if you wish to change project settings.

Melanie Pake July 7th, 2006 08:14 PM

well it only allows you to import 1 Video track and 3 audio tracks- is there another way to export with ALL my video and Audio tracks?

Christopher Lefchik July 7th, 2006 10:41 PM

Quote:

well it only allows you to import 1 Video track and 3 audio tracks- is there another way to export with ALL my video and Audio tracks?

Yes, as I explained in my previous post. To clarify, do not use EDL export/import. Simply open the project into which you wish to import the sequence. Then go to File > Import and choose the .prproj Premiere Pro project file containing that sequence. Premiere will then import that project into your current project with all the sequences, tracks, clips, effects, etc., intact.

Melanie Pake August 28th, 2006 07:15 PM

How about PPRO transfer into Avid?

THanks Chris. Your right and it works perfectly. But how about if I want to import a project exactly how it is from Premiere Pro into Avid or vice versa?

Christopher Lefchik August 28th, 2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

But how about if I want to import a project exactly how it is from Premiere Pro into Avid or vice versa?

Your best option would be to save the project file as an Advanced Authoring Format (AAF) file. Premiere Pro supports AAF, and I believe Avid does as well. Be aware, however, that the more complex your project is, the less likely you are to get an exact transfer, especially with effects. But AAF should get you as close as is possible at this time.