PPro 1.5 EDL Limited- Sequence Import Impossible at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 1st, 2006, 06:26 PM   #1
New Boot

PPro 1.5 EDL Limited- Sequence Import Impossible

HI there,

I'm using PPro 1.5. I tried to import a sequence from one project into another using Export EDL. The only problem is that the options are limited as I had 5 video tracks and 3 audio tracks occupied but when exporting EDL's they ask you to choose only I video track and 2 audio tracks.

What I would like to know is:

1) Does EDL exporting improve in PPro 2.0?
2) Is there another better way to import a sequence from a different project? (other than selecting everything on the sequence and cut & pasting)

thanks.
Melanie Pake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 07:06 PM   #2
Trustee

Hi Melanie, welcome to DV Info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Pake
Is there another better way to import a sequence from a different project? (other than selecting everything on the sequence and cut & pasting)
You can import a Premiere project into another Premiere project. This is the best way to preserve the sequences, tracks, clips, and effects intact. In fact, the Premiere help file states that "Importing one project into another is the only way to transfer complete sequence and clip information from one project to another."

To import a project into another project go to File > Import and choose the project you wish to import.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 11:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

1) yes
2) u can directly import a project into another project, you will retain full sequence edit. You may do this also if you wish to change project settings.
Hornady Setiawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 08:14 PM   #4
New Boot

well it only allows you to import 1 Video track and 3 audio tracks- is there another way to export with ALL my video and Audio tracks?
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
well it only allows you to import 1 Video track and 3 audio tracks- is there another way to export with ALL my video and Audio tracks?
Yes, as I explained in my previous post. To clarify, do not use EDL export/import. Simply open the project into which you wish to import the sequence. Then go to File > Import and choose the .prproj Premiere Pro project file containing that sequence. Premiere will then import that project into your current project with all the sequences, tracks, clips, effects, etc., intact.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #6
New Boot

How about PPRO transfer into Avid?

THanks Chris. Your right and it works perfectly. But how about if I want to import a project exactly how it is from Premiere Pro into Avid or vice versa?
Old August 28th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
But how about if I want to import a project exactly how it is from Premiere Pro into Avid or vice versa?
Your best option would be to save the project file as an Advanced Authoring Format (AAF) file. Premiere Pro supports AAF, and I believe Avid does as well. Be aware, however, that the more complex your project is, the less likely you are to get an exact transfer, especially with effects. But AAF should get you as close as is possible at this time.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite