Error in Premiere Pro 1.5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 30th, 2006, 07:06 PM   #1
Major Player

Error in Premiere Pro 1.5

I've been working with a 53 minute long project. I keep getting an error message. [\dev\starsky\Backend\Src\Video\VideoSegment.cpp-40] I've tried rebooting but it still pops up. Any ideas whats going on?
Thanks
Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #2
New Boot

Update.

Maybe you have already done this but you should update your copy. Adobe released an update some time ago that is supposed to fix stuff like that. It used to happen to me a lot until I updated. Also, while you are there make sure you download the update for your Adobe Media Encoder. If you don't it just wont work at all.

If you have already done these things then i don't know what else the problem could be. PPro 1.5 has been great to me and almost error free (once in a great while it will outright shut itself down. But that is usually when I do something to screw it up. for instance, opening and closing it rapidly.) since I updated it.
Lars Barlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lender
I've been working with a 53 minute long project. I keep getting an error message. [\dev\starsky\Backend\Src\Video\VideoSegment.cpp-40] I've tried rebooting but it still pops up. Any ideas whats going on?
Thanks
Harry
Harry,

If this is a new problem, try resetting your prefferences. Start Premiere while holding down the shift and control keys. This should reset preferences back to normal. Sometimes you can change them without knowing what you have done, I have.

Hope this helps, otherwise give us more details.

Mike
Old July 1st, 2006, 07:31 AM   #4
Major Player

Lars And Mike

Thanks guys for your response. I'll try both methods. I checked and downloaded the PPro 1.5.1 update. Is that the one you were refering to? I'm going to read the instructions first before I install. I'll also try the hold Shift+ctrl key down on launching PPro. Thanks Again. I'll let you know how things work out.

Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2006, 09:50 AM   #5
New Boot

Don't forget

You also need to download the Adobe Media Encoder update. It sort of goes hand in hand with Premiere but for some reason they are sepperate downloads. The reason for the media encoder update is the stock one built in is unequiped to handle some of the updates Microsoft put out. Of course I am assuming you are using PC. I am just trying to say it is important for overall well being of Premiere.
Lars Barlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2006, 01:14 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Barlow
Of course I am assuming you are using PC.
Since he's using Premiere Pro 1.5, I'd say it's a safe bet he's on a PC. ;-)
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2006, 04:57 PM   #7
Major Player

Lars Chris and Mike

Thanks guys for your responses:
Yes I am using PC the OS is Win XP Pro. About a month ago I updated Adobe Media Encoder. Also I downloaded updated PPro 1.5.1 but haven't installed it yet. Check me if am wrong but I can only find that it is for HDV. I launched PPRO with the CTRL+Shift buttons pressed. So far PPro has been operating OK. Thanks again for you your help.

Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite